Original topic:

DEX/DEX Base

(Topic created on: 09-04-2020 11:11 AM)
adamthebad
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
Has anyone noticed that the Note 20 Ultra has freezing App problems in Dex Mode by itself or in a Dex Base...where my Note 9 and 10 plus do not?
Anyone?
0 Likes
14 Comments
Galaxy Note
Nope, which app? I use DeX almost everyday.
keagan
Options
Galaxy Note

Thanks Tallman.

Please let us know which app is causing the issue and Is there any particular case that makes the app freezing.

0 Likes
adamthebad
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Google play movies app, Samsung text messaging App, Windows word app, Adobe reader App...Google Movies App is by far the worst: especially in search mode when looking for movies. As soon as the search is done click on for the movie info or trailer play the App goes back to the orginal screen like the App was just opened or it goes black and i go into app settings to force a stop and clear all the cache.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note

I used all the apps you have mentioned, except Google play movie app. I don't see movie from DeX. I have no frozen problem in Adobe and MS Word apps. 

How do you connect DeX mode? 

- Connect from N20U using USB-C to HDMI to TV?

- Connect from N20U using USB-C to USB-C to computer?

- Connect from N20U using USB-C to USB-A to computer?

- Connect from N20U wirelessly to TV?

From your description, sounds like speed connection between your phone and display. If using cable, try using different cable. Make sure you use USB 3.0 port for the connection for better performance.

0 Likes
adamthebad
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
I have rebooted my Note 20 ultra and cleared the cache in the trouble shooting Hold the on and volume up mode still with the same results
0 Likes
adamthebad
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Dex BAse/DEX pad to tv/monitor with HDMI and this happens with the sound coming from the attached device or from the Note 20 Ultra itself...change cable thinking it was defective even though my meter checks the cable is ok. The larger screen is 24 inch.
Even when the note shuts off after no use for a bit it gets a weird screen instead of going off. Nothing with the Note 10+ or Note 9
0 Likes
adamthebad
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
On the N20U Canada post App will not open in Dex mode ...Note 10= and Note9 it does
0 Likes
adamthebad
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
And yes I understand that some Apps will not work the way they are supposed to in DEX mode however the two previous Notes (9 & 10+) work the same with what ever is done. The new N20U it a bit different
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Sorry, didn't notice that you already said DeX base. Ah...I am not using DeX base, are you using the DeX base from Note9 and 10? I use USB-C to computer. All working fine for me. I am thinking is the old version of DeX base not compatible to N20U?
0 Likes