Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Device Care (Maintenance)

(Topic created on: 01-21-2020 04:20 PM)
GoldieR
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi. Before Christmas I found an article on "Device Maintenance" (NOW called "Device Care") and how it's powered by 360. (THIS sent an alarm off in my head cuz I  had this app way back when (S3, I think) & at first seemed good, THEN "issues" developed, found them 'evil' with privacy, and GOODBYE...Now, I clean my devices biblically and found that 360 it's powered by (??!?) DOES have some sneaky little "port" that sends data to CHINA (NOT Samsung) but everyone is not sure WHAT data. The article I read (and now can't find) taught one how to BLOCK this data being sent. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?? If so, please help my paranoia!!
0 Likes
14 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Qihoo 360 is not to be trusted.
GoldieR
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
What do I do then for daily maintenance?
0 Likes
vape
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
What Company can you really trust? I say none.. They all use your data for money making. Google is the worst of them and Apple is google neighbour in a sense. Samsung is trying to join the party and they slowly are getting more and more like Google or Apple.

But that's a choice we all make using a smart phone or any social media platform. **bleep** ever your points cards track what you eat or how much gas you use.

End of the day Device care isn't getting half as much data as everyone makes it out to be.. All they get is simple things like what os your on the device etc. Nothing like Google or Apple.
GoldieR
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
@Vape @CHMultimedia Thank you for your replies... So what do I do? I also religiously remove site permissions (I never "allow" notifications fr sites😒) and I delete history if an inner app opens from my email and takes me to Samsung Internet (I prefer Chrome, but same 'deal's with my history, etc. )... Do you know how to "block" sending my IMEI info through device care??
0 Likes
GoldieR
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
ALSO, do you fellas know if ANY updates coming for the "SM-T387W" ?? I THOUGHT another was coming through the 'pipes' & it's brand new (came with phones) AMD it's last security patch was for November 1/19???
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
T378 or T387? There's a big difference between these two (namely, the T378 is not available in Canada)
GoldieR
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
(I also have a T377 e-tab, that hasn't received any for mos... 😞 )
0 Likes
Solution
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
The Tab E LTE is out of support.
GoldieR
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
@CHMultimedia It's a T387W brand new @store with new phones Dec.20, told FREE with phones (what a lie!)Last & ONLY update was received Dec.22 (update dated Nov.1/19). The tablets came with SIM, phone #& data plan... However, CANNOT send/ receive ANYTHING through data and can't even message myself...? I have my T-377 that I can do EVERYTHING on with WiFi, so what's there point? (&the sales rep ripped off ALL my protective coverings (without my permission) I couldn't return or gift it...)NOT that I would want to as it takes almost 45 sec. to even "boot"; and at 29% took 3.5 hr. to charge (& not to full capacity btw). It also gets EXTREMELY hot near cameras lens even IF I'm ONLY looking at my emails...(& yes, I have proper settings on to keep battery use low...)
0 Likes