Original topic:

EDGE SCREEN

(Topic created on: 09-20-2017 06:19 AM)
Infamous8
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
Hey guys

Quick Question Is there a way to have writting show up on the edge? I believe that was a option on the note5 OR 6 edge

thanks guys
0 Likes
6 Comments
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Galaxy Note
what sort of writing???
I know it does show writing for certain things... maybe a better explanation might help
0 Likes
Infamous8
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
for example when the phone is locked you can add txt like a saying etc.. and it will show on the edge of the phone. when it is locked.
0 Likes
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Galaxy Note
Still not following you but I am getting old... so what you have showing on yoyr edge screen??
I can swipe mine when phone is locked and it will say "No notifications" or if I have a message missed call etc it will show on my edge.. it that what you mean???
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Check out all the different Edge apps you can download. Swipe the edge screen, click the gear icon and you can see all the apps, there is one for notification I believe for text messages.
You can also download a bunch of different apps for the edge screen as well!
0 Likes
Jonathan34
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
Idk about the Note 5 but on the Note 7 there used to be an Edge Always on Display type feature, is that what you're talking about? You used to be able to swipe along the edge and have information such as time and weather and some news info or notifications appear along the edge. I believe they removed this because the edge no longer has a harsh enough fall off for the text like this to be displayed there.

I loved that feature as well but when I had my S8+ I couldn't find it there and haven't checked for it on my Note 8, I assumed the edge fall off was the reasoning.

They have an edge clock but the feature that was on Note 7 was a different one where you could have AoD and then a swipe along the edge feature. The feature name was called Edge Feeds.

After checking online, one user contacted Samsung and their reasoning was that The S8 and S8 plus (as well as Note 😎 are considered to be "Infinity Displays" whereas the Note 7, S7 Edge etc were "Edge Displays" so the Edge Feeds feature wasn't built for Infinity Displays as of yet.
0 Likes
Infamous8
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Thanks guys I was able to figure it out!!
0 Likes