Original topic:

FIXED on #2: Facebook Messenger Bug Note 9 EDIT: found a working version, no fix

(Topic created on: 08-24-2019 01:24 PM)
maxfootball18
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy Note
EDIT#2: After trying everything in this world to find the culprit of this bug, i logged in out of nowhere this evening to see the app acting like it should. Checking every facebook app on my phone lead to only facebook (not messenger) updating itself. Reinstalling all version that didn't work ... Are working normally. This must be some server side screw up because i am clueless... THIS IS WEIRD

EDIT: working version is 226.0.0.9.117, anything above is killing chat features

This week, I was trying to use the FB messenger location sharing feature with a friend and couldn't find it. So i'm searching for it, trying everything from Googling how to ... To figuring out my messenger is broken. 

The redesigned messenger use a 4 dots icon on the left when in a conversation. If i click on it, the gallery is shown but i'm supposed to get a menu with instant games and other features like location sharing. As a matter of fact, i'm supposed to get a gallery icon but it's not even showing. (Picture 2)

I checked on a s9, S9 plus, s10e and they all have the layout i'm suppose to get but mine is not ... Strangely. Checked a one plus and a pixel and they're good too... So what's up? (Picture 1)

I added all persmission to each FB apps, uninstalled, rebooted, wiped cache multiples times and installed numerous versions and i simply cant get it to work. I wiped the gallery app and the file viewer app to ... Still not working.

I don't have access to another Note 9 but the location feature is really useful. Using OneUi and the redesigned messenger version 228.X to 231.x
I reported it as a bug in facebook, but i don't think i will get a comeback. Any ideas? 

0 Likes
6 Comments
Galaxy Note
I thought that FB messenger WAS a bug 🐛 lol 😂
0 Likes
maxfootball18
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
It is for me 😂 too bad everyone is using messenger around me
0 Likes
maxfootball18
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
version 228 to 231 ... my mistake
0 Likes
maxfootball18
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
added EDIT: found a working version 226.0.0.9.117
0 Likes
maxfootball18
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
EDIT#2: After trying everything in this world to find the culprit of this bug, i logged in out of nowhere this evening to see the app acting like it should. Checking every facebook app on my phone lead to only facebook (not messenger) updating itself. Reinstalling all version that didn't work ... Are working normally. This must be some server side screw up because i am clueless... THIS IS WEIRD
0 Likes
Hellloooohhhh123
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

What is the first bubble you have with the triangle?

0 Likes