Original topic:

Fan and LED control for samsung 15w charger EP N5200

(Topic created on: 10-10-2019 03:21 PM)
traderjay
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
How can I use my note 10+ to control the fan and LED on this charger. 
0 Likes
10 Comments
Galaxy Note
Hi traderjay,

To control the fan, your fan needs to be a smart fan or you can add a smart adapter plugin with your fan. Use Samsung SmartThings or Google Home to discover your smart fan or smart plug. Once discovered and connected, you can control the fan on your Note10+.

For your LED on this charger, I am not sure what you mean.

I've attached a screenshot of my Google home app screen. I can control my light, doorbell and thermostat.
0 Likes
traderjay
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Hi Tallman - I am referring to the cooling fan on my wireless charger
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Now I see what you mean. Vic20 below has answered your question.
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Settings>Advanced features>Accesories

Tap on "Fast wireless charging". If fast charging is enabled, you can set a schedule to turn it off which will reduce the fan speed/noise and dim LED. That's the extent of controlling the fan and LED from the phone.
traderjay
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
thank you so much! that really just toggling fast charge on or off haha!
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Don't hit the toggle... Actually hit the box wording. This is what they mean by controlling the fan and LED...
0 Likes
traderjay
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
this is the best marketing spin ever!!! still an awesome charger
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

A built-in fan cooling system on the Wireless Charger Stand charges your phone faster with less power consumption. When you're getting ready for bed, you can easily toggle off the fan and dim the LED lights through your phone — perfect for light sleepers.

https://www.samsung.com/ca/mobile-accessories/wireless-charger-stand/EP-N5200TBEGCA/#specs

Screenshot_20191010-215739_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Actually it's somewhat misleading on how they worded it on the package. It makes the user think they can control the fan and LED on it at any time. Much like how you could control the cooling fans in a computer. Or change LEDs.

And you don't need to manually toggle fast charging. You can set a schedule where you can have it toggle off during a set period of time. This is what it meant by controlling the fan and LED.