Original topic:

February 24th still nothing

(Topic created on: 02-24-2020 04:09 AM)
alainlafond
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note
After all those promises, after all countries, even Malawi.
We have nothing! 
Still waiting 6 months after it's release, for Android 10 and One UI 2.0.
Being a canadian owner of a Note 9 is a curse. It was always. 
But this year I'll buy a new phone. But for sure, after all those years living under Samsung "s really bad firmware upgrade canadian service, Note 9 will be my last Samsung phone. 
Enought is enough! 
And don't ask me for patience... 
15 Comments
GNote10plus
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
Wow...I purchased my Note 10+ just b4 Christmas ...so I am pretty much a newb to the cellphone scene at over 50 yrs elder😜...is it really that bad? I'd hate 2 think I spent so much money on my first cell 2 find out I should have gone 🍎...no,that would never happen...Sorry cause I feel 4U and I certainly know what it's like when the giants tread on their supporters...I really hope Sam can fix u up soon...good luck and wishes!
0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
Your as young as you are in your in mind @least for me 🙃 @GNote10Plus
On the subject
I go back to...
if it's not broke don't fix it 🤦♂️
Why do you need this update so bad, is there a feature @alainlafond ?
I have note 9/10 and all kinds of stuff always asking for updates but my stuff runs well so I don't wanna do it 🙃
alainlafond
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
I wouldn't be so picky if my Note 9 wasn't so expensive when I bought. In fact-finding I've owned every Note from Note 3 (the most advance phone of its time to Note 9),and firmware updates were very late. Mainly because Samsung used to fit their phones with Android.
But now a large part is upgradable by Google itself. If so you're knowledgeable enough you'd remember that almost everything was in the firmware (maps, Gmail,...).
My compl is more as a canadian. Note 9 in Korea received its upgrade in early december. It's already late! Malawi was in the same time.
I'm Canada we're always last. Go and look at firmware repository at Sammobile.com. You'll see that we are last that have been updraded!
As of feature, I'm sure you don't use Dex. If you're a low end user maybe you throw money in the window if you buy a flagship phone. Maybe you should buy the A series.
Anyway the Samsung era came to its end. It's a giant and as many giants they forget that they are good if they serve the small. Now they're on themselves. Too bad.
Yes I'll take the upgrade. But after that, I'll go for a company that serves its user.
And also a company that send english speak at their conference. DJ Koh was a nightmare to listen. The new one is even worst.
That was my 2 cents
Ryoohki
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
IMHO more important are security updates other stuff is gravy espacially since Google haven't change many things from 9 to 10 and 11 look like a minor update to 10 so..

Thrust me being an old nexus user you don't always want to latest.. It ruined 2 of them back then
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy Note
More US carriers received the new update today. All but Canada ...
Montreal1
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note

Probably because Samsung wants us to get the best (all the bugs fixed) Like in this: Always keep the best for last... 😉

0 Likes
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy Note
No. lol. An old build will be released anyway.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
As a Samsung owner I've always expected my updates to come late, it's set to release either March 9th or 10th.
0 Likes
alainlafond
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Really, you don't put your expectations very high. For that high price! Xiaomi users, a cheap chinese phone maker, received their upgrades before december. Oh yes! They are spying on us... Thank you Samsung!
0 Likes