Original topic:

Film or Tempered Glass (Whitestone Dome Glass)

(Topic created on: 04-04-2018 04:54 PM)
Options
Galaxy Note
Good day!!

just a simple survey a questions for everyone here, i used almost 3 tempered glass for my note 8 already as i found the screen protector dusty inside . I'm using the gadget guard cornice edition. now I'm thinking of installing the film screen protector just wondering if it's good or not and if the whitestone dome glass is worth the price? thank you..
0 Likes
16 Comments
Galaxy Note
film 100% I have been using ghost armor for all my past gaalxy devices.. never had an issue
MCKAIG
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
I wish I had a kiosk near me. I've been using the bestbuy version. I swear their quality has dropped. I seem to have to go in for a replacement bi monthly due to denting from my nails. I recall it self repairing before but not the case anymore :(
Galaxy Note
Yesterday I went to one of the local malls here in Calgary and found a kiosk called Ghost Armor. I got a new screen protector for my S8, after the application the screen looks like it has no protector at all. It only cost me $26.00 + GST.
Galaxy Note
@jayman1973, ya bro read my comment just above yours! its all I use!! 😎
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Whitestone is a full adhesive screen protector (much different from the protectors that use only edge adhesive). The reason you have dust under the protector is due to the air gap between the edge adhesive protector and the actual screen. You'll also notice the screen has dots (the protector dot matrix as it's called) and is used to compensate for lost sensitivity due to the air gap.

The Whitestone does not exhibit this as the screen is fully adhered to the screen. There is no air gap between the actual screen and protector and will not affect screen sensitivity whatsoever. The only drawback is that it is not cheap and you need to buy the kit if you ever break the protector. Another alternative to the Whitestone full adhesive protector is the full adhesive InvisShield (not to be mistaken for the more known InvisibleShield done by Zagg). Much cheaper, but it's more DIY and takes a bit more work to put on. The glass is also slightly shorter than the Whitestone (allowing it fit more cases if you are using one). It's more cost effective as you only buy the parts you need and don't need to get an entire kit like the Whitestone.

I have no complaints with the Whitestone as it has protected my brother's phone being dropped twice on hard surfaces. The Whitestone took the brunt of both falls and is currently cracked. I have scratched my Whitestone glass on my Note 8, but they are mostly unnoticeable unless you really take the time to look for them. I have the InvisShield in to replace my brother's Whitestone, but he still hasn't given me the phone to make the necessary swap. So I can't really comment on the InvisShield to date.
Galaxy Note
thanks for all your replies...
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
i just ordered whitestone dome glass on amazon and it will arrive this Monday! wish me luck.. thanks for all your replies. will update what happened.. lol
0 Likes