Original topic:

Finally a useful Pie feature

(Topic created on: 04-06-2019 05:52 AM)
dmflash
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy Note
I discovered a setting in the message app where you can disable severe alerts, extreme alerts and Amber alerts .
18 Comments
Jebourquey
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Yikes
0 Likes
fuggyr
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
ugh why do we need to be exposed to these silly posts? why would you even not want to be alerted for something of extreme importance that is going to affect you?
dmflash
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Pointing out that we can now opt out of alerts isn't a "silly post ".
The current system that alerts people that are no where near the vicinity of an abduction is flawed and very obtrusive, not to mention the alarm itself that sounds like a nuclear attack warning from the 50's.
0 Likes
Samesung
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
This kook needs a life and a clue...nothing like being a whiny first world problems person.☝️
0 Likes
awesomeness
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
First of all... Why the bloody hell would you want to disable those alerts? If an earthquake hit you'd not know...
0 Likes
dmflash
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Tornado would be more likely...
awesomeness
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Maybe in USA... But we don't usually get tornadoes in Canada.
0 Likes
carr0498
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
I guess you're not aware of the 3 tornadoes that hit the Ottawa region just last fall.. the alert system saved lives that day
0 Likes
dmflash
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
@Samesung Sorry to poke holes in your saftey bubble but being woken up in the middle of the night ISN'T helping anything. I'm not Batman whose gonna suit up and wonder the streets!
And no offense but I think YOU'RE the one who needs to "get a life" after all I see YOU post more on here than anyone, as a matter of fact your all over this app like a fly on a turd! FACT!
0 Likes