Original topic:

Galaxy Note 10+ Mini Review & Tips

(Topic created on: 10-17-2019 11:08 PM)
n1ks
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi guys! Just wanted to share a mini review of the Galaxy Note 10+ coming from someone who's used iPhones since 2010!

Mini Review
Hands down this is the best display on a phone in the market right now. I was really surprised by how clean and bright the screen is and everything just looks great. Media consumption is so good on the Note 10+ that I've stopped using my iPad mini. It's also really comfortable to hold despite the large size.

I mostly use my phone for work ALOT. I travel around KL alot visiting our different locations, so the less I need to carry in my handbag the better. I've tried a few days working without a laptop and it was pretty awesome. I could do the things I needed to do, and connect to a Smart TV in less than 10 seconds for quick presentation reviews and group discussions. I still carry my laptop around for days when I need to work on heavier stuff like financial reports, etc. I've not felt as productive on a phone as I do with the Note 10+. Added stuff like split screen and true multitasking just makes working between apps a breeze. Link to Windows and DeX are also really underrated.

Let's talk about the S Pen. This is a game changer for me, and I use it more than i thought I would for quick notes with the screen off memo, and easier navigation around different apps.

Cameras are great, battery is great, fast charging is so so good and very convenient. There's also some intuitive stuff in One UI that I really appreciate; smart lock, scheduled auto-restart and auto-optimisation, etc

Tips:
• WhatsApp backup and restore from iPhone to Android requires a paid 3rd party software but well worth the price to have all chats accessible

• Watch a lot of YouTube videos (Sakitech has the most comprehensive tutorials) as there is a bit of a steep learning curve the first couple of days 

• Protect your new baby with a solid case with a raised lip! The Speck Presidio Grip (RM 179 on Lazada, VMCS Store) worked really well for me, and I'm now using some beautiful cases from Burga (ladies, you're gonna love them, about RM240 for 4 cases included shipping with their fall promo)

• Airpods work well with the Note 10+, download AirBattery from the app store to monitor battery levels

• Screen protector is non negotiable when you've already spent so much on your phone! I'm using the Whitestone Dome (RM178 on Lazada, VMCS Store) and it is super smooth and works with a tight case like the Speck Presidio Grip. No issues with the fingerprint sensor 

• Samsung first-party USB-C to 3.5mm audio converter is now available online and in stores (RM49) and works really well with my wired Audio Technica LS70iS. Feels like I'm at a concert lol. 

• Don't need first-party hardware for DeX! I'm using Ugreen USB-C to HDMI and it works fine tho you do get a pop up warning recommending to use Samsung DeX accessories 
5 Comments
jinyeon11
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
Seriously the most powerful phone in market so far
n1ks
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
agreed! Not to mention the value for money as well when you compare it to the iPhone 11 Pro Max with the Note 10+ base storage of 256gb!
Shakthi15
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
true 100%
EijiRF7
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
love samsung !
JimmyCa
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Anyone is using a Note 10 with Macbook???
0 Likes