Original topic:

Galaxy Note 9 missing auto rotate/ portrait mode

(Topic created on: 04-01-2019 08:23 PM)
wahgah
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note

I recently had to turn on my low power mode setting and when I turned it back to normal optimisation it got rid of all my folders and only has google apps on my homepage, thats not the biggest annoyance though; it seems to have also deleted my auto rotate button and im' wondering if i can get it back without reformatting my phone.

0 Likes
8 Comments
Galaxy Note
Max Power Saving mode will disable a number of things - That's actually what it's supposed to do & in part how it works - I imagine that you have tried a simple Reboot after turning Max Power Saving OFF?
0 Likes
wahgah
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
Yes I have done a reboot, not sure what is going on. Might need to make a trip to the Samsung store but it's kind of far
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Can you give a screenshot of your notification panel where the Rotate toggle is supposed to be?

0 Likes
wahgah
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
I found a person that made a .Bat file to restore data and hotspot but that's it.
0 Likes
ViTi
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
If you know how to do adb shell, I think that should recover all your buttons in the notification panel. I did this myself recently to add the “Mobile Data” and “Mobile HotSpot” toggles in the panel as my phone did not have them.
0 Likes
wahgah
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

yeah I'm not really good with programs like that...

0 Likes
averagezhou
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
I have the same problem, any solutions out there?
0 Likes
wahgah
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
unfortunately no, reformatting it fixes it until you use low power mode again...
0 Likes