Original topic:

Galaxy Note red tint.

(Topic created on: 09-16-2017 03:05 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi there,

first I want to say that I love this phone. However I find that the screen has a slight red tint even I compare it to the S8+.
Anybody noticed the same thing?
0 Likes
7 Comments
stevenhwang
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
I have, but if you go to settings>display>screen mode>color balance, you can adjust the color settings for the tint to go away.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
I did that. I have mine set all the way to Cool. but when I compare it to the S8+ I still kind of see the tint. Now, it's not a deal breaker or anything but hopefully this can be fixed with an update.
0 Likes
Jmak
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
it should fix with next oreo 8 update. red tint on screen has been pointed out to Samsung since day one when phone was released. also see if your phone software is upto date
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
it is up to date. I suppose I'll just wait until the next update. Hopefully Samsung is aware of the issue.
0 Likes
Jmak
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
they are aware. I believe you got that phone yesterday? you can return and change that phone. usually they allow you 15 days 15 mins or less to return phone if not satisfied. contact your carrier and ask if they allow it. what you can do is return your phone tell you are not satisfied and reorder it again.
Jonathan34
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
Also make sure you don't have Blue Light Filter on. Takes away the Blues which gives it a red tint, the option can be found in the quick menu settings. However, as mentioned above, the red tint was an early issue in the S8s but was fixed but not sure if it also passed onto the Note 8. I don't have the issue on my phone and have compared it to my s8 to make sure.
LazyGhost
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
I set mine to adaptive display, then all the way to cool and in advanced options turned the red and green colors bars right down.
0 Likes