Original topic:

Gallery Onedrive Sync from SD card

(Topic created on: 01-21-2020 06:00 AM)
BJWall
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
I got the firmware update with the new gallery onedrive sync. Problem is I was using onedrive sync which allowed sync from SD card and gallery sync doesn't support this. 

Is there a way to turn gallery sync via onedrive off?

If not, can we expect gallery sync to support SD cards? 
0 Likes
9 Comments
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note

Unfortunately, Onedrive will not sync gallery with SD card anymore even if Onedrive gallery sync is turned off. I've tried. 😡

Edit: finally figured out how to sync media back on Onedrive. Go into Settings > Accounts and backup > Accounts. Select your Onedrive Account > Sync Account. Enable "Media storage". That should turn back media sync/backup. 

0 Likes
BJWall
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
That's awesome, thanks. Hopefully they just add this to gallery sync eventually.
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
I hope they fix this as well. It's not a permanent solution as Onedrive will disable the sync on its own. I get a notification and I have to go into settings and enable again. But it's the only workaround right now.
0 Likes
BJWall
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
Yeah, noticed that onedrive switched off again. Just have to keep an eye on it for now.
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
After jumping through hurdles of disabling gallery sync, removing Samsung permissions with OneDrive and constantly needing to go back into settings to enable the media sync...

I think I finally got it to work again. Remove OneDrive account from Accounts and Backup and add it again. It gave me back the camera upload option (not gallery sync). So far it's still syncing.
0 Likes
BJWall
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
Awesome I'll give it a try!
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Dang it! Sorry, it lasted only 2 days... 😡 it's back again. I'm out of ideas now.
0 Likes
BJWall
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
Thanks for the update. I guess we may need to wait for Samsung to correct this.
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
This seems to be the solution to the current issue. Unlink your OneDrive from Samsung Account. Go into Settings>Accounts and backup>Accounts. Select your Samsung account. Under Apps and services select "connected services". Tap on Microsoft and tap "disconnect". This will remove the linked OneDrive service with Samsung. So far a few days in with no issues to report.
0 Likes