Original topic:

Good lock question

(Topic created on: 10-12-2018 07:04 AM)
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note
@CHMultimedia.. so I tried the good lock..like it!!  

All help is welcome.. ofc..I just tagged CH..since he had offered me this suggestion to a previous question. 🙋‍♀️

Here's the issue: lol always an issue Haha

I created a routine to unlock the phone, launch Samsung music and play media when connected to car bluetooth.  

Does unlock fine and opens the music app too but doesn't play media unless I hit play all from the music app. Attached is a screen shot of my car controls..basic nothing fancy.  I hit media on the car dash no music plays..

Also all my music is saved on a sd card. I even trying to move the music to the media folder on internal storage thinking it might work...but no change. 

Is this an issue with good lock not able to pick up music or my car or?  Advice appreciated.  TIA. 
99f44dc2-9b1c-42b8-9464-fd3716c9b7b9.jpg

14 Comments
Galaxy Note
Which music app are you using? Some music apps have the option to start playing once connected to a Bluetooth device. I don't see that option in Samsung Music but when I'm in the car and which the radio to BTAudio, my music just starts playing on it's own. Have you tried just switching the your car radio to BTAudio and see if it starts playing?

**Also can you provide a screenshot of the routine you setup?
0 Likes
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
@Cprice in my car the radio just plays the radio. when I had the iPhone pressing the media control on the car as u see in the pic would play the music.
maybe it is Samsung music then... what other music app can I use ..no spotify or something as I choose to download all music from PC to phone.

am I even making sense lol..
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
@iFlYSoLo, trust me you make perfect sense, I have was doing some testing using a Bluetooth speaker, I have a music app called Stellio Player, I setup a routine in Good Lock to have it open Stellio Player once I'm connected to my Bluetooth speaker and Play Media and it works perfectly, I tried the same routine with Samsung Music, it will open the app but not play the music. Later I will try switching to BTAudio without using the routine and see which music app launches.

Here's the link to Stellio Player:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=io.stellio.player7b159d7e-2369-4974-918a-fd8b18f5fe9b.jpg
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Unfortunately I don't have much experience with wireless car infotainment systems (yet). I'll go try something and I'll get back to you
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
@CHMultimedia thank u!!!
0 Likes
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
@Cprice well at least I make sense lol!! let me try this stello thing and ask asked for your test results!! thank you
0 Likes
carr0498
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
sounds to me like the music player has an empty playlist when it opens. could be just an issue with the music player's behavior
0 Likes
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Galaxy Note
just my bit to say....

it's not Samsung music app as when I go into my vehicle it automatically starts my music's files from Samsung app, even if I get out to pop into a store and back in again it will start.

So I am admitting that the Samsung music app is already open and when I get in the vehicle it just picks up from where it paused... now I don't use good lock so I can't say how it works with that but what I can say it works perfectly fine independent from good lock
0 Likes
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
@Echo yeah I don't know why mine doesn't do that. I didn't try with leaving the app open prior to getting in the car but it should just pick up as the phone is paired for everything else. so not sure what's causing that. even without the good lock...
0 Likes