Original topic:

Google removed 25 apps

(Topic created on: 07-06-2020 08:42 PM)
Tallman
Options
Galaxy Note
Hello members,

Check if you have the following apps. Google removed them from playstore because these apps stealing users Facebook credential. That means thses apps have malwares.

Stay safe 😄

Source

10 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Why am I not surprised malware was hidden inside useless apps like a gosh darn flashlight app?! Why are those things still a thing? Every phone now comes with an amazing ad-free and also just free flashlight toggle. And what's with the wallpaper apps? I mean, really? These apps only pack a handful of stolen images. You can do that yourself for free and with no ads.

Anyway, if anyone who installed this malware reads this: You should also avoid "Cleaner/Booster/Cooler/Optimizer" apps, especially those with "NEW/2019/2020/20XX/BEST" in their title.

At least it's obvious some were from the same dev, thanks to the tqy/tianqiyang prefix in the package name
Galaxy Note
What surprised me is the flash light app has 500000 installed. 😂
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Heh... I use a flashlight app. But in my case it turns the screen into a flashlight. This is better for me as I tend to navigate my home at night and just need enough light to see and not wake disturb others with the torch light. Have it set to red screen and 50% intensity for the most part.
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
With a grand total of 900k installs for all the flashlights listed here. I guess that the chart-topping one enjoyed popularity thanks to its double "functionality" (or is it triple?)

But what in the world is a Padenatef?
Galaxy Note
Looks like is an utilities & tools app.
0 Likes
Samsung_9K9W0XP
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
can't connect anymore my samsung earbuds to my samsung s10+ .help
0 Likes
Kinsley
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi @

0 Likes
2tall4u
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
I had the Bright Flashlight app installed for 1 year then read that it was one of the apps that had tracking and hacking to your phone so uninstalled it and now don't have any. just turn up my brightness on my screen if I need light..lol
Kinsley
Options
Galaxy Note

Hey @2tall4u,

Please try the below steps and check if it helps you.

First, open the quick settings panel by swiping down from the top of the screen. Then, navigate to and tap the word Flashlight, not the icon above it (which works as a switch to turn the flashlight on and off). Once you’re on the Flashlight settings page, tap the switch to turn on the light. This will give you access to the slider that controls its brightness. Move the slider from "Level 1" (low) to "Level 5" (high). Once you are done, tap the switch at the top again to turn the flashlight off.