Original topic:

Green Tint Issue

(Topic created on: 08-06-2020 07:03 AM)
사이먼님
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
Hello. I'm a Note 10 user. 

I have a question. Does anyone experience a green tint issue on their Galaxy Note 10/10+? This issue is most visible at low brightness, greyish, and darkmode backgrounds but  not visible on amoled-black backgrounds (apps that have charcoal black (in dark mode) like twitter and messenger).

I read some articles about this issue that some units had encountered (s20 ultra, note 10 lite, note 9, etc.). The green tint issue in s20 units were resolved by an update. After the June software update, the issue still persist. I also tried on performing a factory reset but the green tint is still present. I'm afraid it's a screen or hardware problem (and may not be covered by warranty). 

Have you encountered the same issue? I need to know your insights. Thank you. 
15 Comments
Charlon
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
I haven't encountered that in my note10+
0 Likes
waaa5
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
No thats an hardware issue and it wasnt solved through software updates. You have a uniformity issue on your display
0 Likes
사이먼님
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
Do you have any idea on the possible cause/s of this problem? I hope it's covered by the warranty. It will be pricy for a hardware replacement.
0 Likes
waaa5
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Its because the display was faulty while it was manufactured. im pretty sure its covered by warranty with the 1 year warranty
0 Likes
EmeryAwesome
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Have the same issue with galaxy note 10 + that just started with the June update. No dice. I'm already on August security patch still has green tint, black crush.
사이먼님
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
You can see clearly the green tint when you click on the restart or shutdown button before finally clicking it (for the final command on shutting down or restarting the phone). Make sure that night mode is on.
0 Likes
EmeryAwesome
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Let me know if you found a fix too or if you already brought it to service center.
사이먼님
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
Sad to say, but there's no nearest service center in my place. I'm afraid, I can only bring it on a SC when I get back in Manila.
0 Likes
EmeryAwesome
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Same here. No service center near by to get it checked.. It **bleep**. Did you buy your phone from globe too? Coz even my aunt's Note 10 started having green tint issues. I'm pretty sure you have black crush too. Check any YouTube videos with black scenes and you will see the pixelation and color banding.
0 Likes