Original topic:

Green Tint Issue

(Topic created on: 08-09-2020 06:53 AM)
사이먼님
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
Hello. I'm a Note 10 user. 

I have a question. Does anyone experience a green tint issue on their Galaxy Note 10/10+? This issue is most visible at low brightness, greyish, and darkmode backgrounds but  not visible on amoled-black backgrounds (apps that have charcoal black (in dark mode) like twitter and messenger).

I read some articles about this issue that some units had encountered (s20 ultra, note 10 lite, note 9, etc.). The green tint issue in s20 units were resolved by an update. After the June software update, the issue still persist. I also tried on performing a factory reset but the green tint is still present. I'm afraid it's a screen or hardware problem (and may not be covered by warranty). 

Have you encountered the same issue? I need to know your insights. Thank you. 
15 Comments
사이먼님
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
I'm on a postpaid plan in Smart. I bought it in Manila but I'm in my hometown right now. And processiing papers will take some time and officials are so strict when filing for going outside the province. 😭
0 Likes
EmeryAwesome
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
0 Likes
사이먼님
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
click the power off or restart button (it will not automatically restart or shutdown but will bring the button at the center). You can clearly see the area that has green tint. 😭
0 Likes
사이먼님
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
by the way, the green area is noticeable on this shot. but the photo quality is not that good from my old phone.
0 Likes
EmeryAwesome
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Ouch. That's a lot more green than what my note 10 + has. It ruins the color accuracy. **bleep**. Same thing happened to Galaxy S20 ultra but got fixed by a patch. I updated to August security patch via Sammobile (coz Globe and Smart **bleep** deploying updates) but it didn't fix the green tint. :(

Try mo ung temporary fix other people posted.. by turning "always on display" on, remove all the security lock you have, tapos tap the screen until it locks and unlocks 4 times.

Let me know if it works.

사이먼님
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
Yes, I hate to see the green tint area. Does it work in your note10+? I'll try it.
0 Likes