Original topic:

High-pitched noise when charging

(Topic created on: 09-20-2019 02:23 PM)
mr8739
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
When I charge my brand new note 10 plus in my car using a third party car charger, the phone emits a very high pitched noise while it's charging. 

The noise seems to be coming from near the top of the phone. It's an extremely annoying and intense sound. 

Has anybody else had this happen?
10 Comments
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
I would try a genuine charger 1st!
if it still emits a high pitch noise it's either your phone or car.
So
Still use the genuine charger...
Then I would try another device to see if it still emits the pitch.
if so then it's your car.
if not it's then it's your phone.
🤷‍♂️
Galaxy Note
"3rd party" SHOULD be a Red Flag 🚩 🐧
carr0498
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note

Stop using it... Get yourself either a genuine samsung charger, or something higher quality from a reputable company.  Hopefully you're not using those convenience store chargers, those are usually poorly constructed with cheap materials.

0 Likes
Galaxy Note
The "high-Pitched" noise should have been a warning to most people.... Wonder what a new burning Note10+ smells like lol 🤔🤣
mr8739
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
It was about $25, so not a super cheap charger. But yeah, I think I need to stick to official Samsung chargers.
0 Likes
Jebourquey
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Are you sure it's the phone? it's normal for switching power supplies to make a high pitch noise. a lot of them switch at a frequency within high hearing range so any amount of resonation can be audible. Still though, better to get 1st party haha.
0 Likes
mr8739
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
it's definitely the phone. I can hear it coming from somewhere near the top of the phone
0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
So you tried another device and it does not do this? With a genuine charger 🤷‍♂️
0 Likes
BloodWolfe
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
In this case it's likely the phone as you mentioned but I know the Samsung wireless charger (the flat one with the phone and watch chargers) sometimes emits a noise too if the phone has the "fast wireless charge" enabled... but in this case I'd say get rid of that charger.
0 Likes