Original topic:

I don't think is comes is surprise to anyone

(Topic created on: 09-10-2020 04:20 AM)
TBone
Expert Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
I don't think anyone here would be suprised by any of this news. I think at the  Majority of people know that Samsung makes a healthy profit off of about every product. So it's not that samsung can't lower their prices and keep the same specs, they just want to charge alot to make as much money💸💰 off of their products for investors and the bottom line. 

Link below 👇🏻
https://www.androidauthority.com/?p=1157163 The report also highlights a major cost difference between mmWave and sub-6GHz variants.

0 Likes
10 Comments
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
Im surprised the parts cost so much. The margin on this device is likely very thin.

I would guess they are netting 10% after all the bill are in.
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
well i would say take the cost with a grain of salt. because the people like us don't really have price per part available to us for our own research. but im sure it cost a lot to build the note 20 ultra. but also they want alot for it also. I would say its some where around $550 to build, $550ish for R&D and sales, then $550ish profit. then about $220 sales promo play room.
0 Likes
vape
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
even @ 400 profit there making a lots of $$$$ say 400 x 5000 units = 2,000,000. I would imagine they sell more than 5000 units but that was just an base number. earlier bird buyers also think there getting a deal but when you look at how much phones prices drop in a few months was it worth that extra 300 to 400 to get a pair of headphones? its already dropped from over 1800 down to 1400. just my two cents. maybe people just want things now or just don't understand trends.

TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
ya if I wanted one of these devices I would wait for a good promo, because I just can't bring my self to pay that much.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Uh, there's no Sub-6GHz-only variant. I hate those poorly written articles.
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
ya i see what ya mean, I just thought it was kinda interesting that Allegedly someone took the time to price up the parts to build the note 20 ultra. of course take that info with a grain of salt.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
....so ugh

what's your point?
good on Samsung for making a great product that people want with an amazing margin.

welcome to Business 101
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
I'd hardly call that margin amazing.... thats just the rough cost of parts and assembly... on top of this you have the costs of support centers, accounting , R&D (significant for Samsung), retail store commissions, executive salaries, marketing, procurement, logistics... and whatever you are throwing away on ancillary items such as buds, trade ins and other inectives ...on and on...
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
@Fatwa - maybe the Exynos 990 it's an amazing profit margin. but the cost for performance is the biggest issue. we all no how poor the Exynos chips are Compared to the snapdragon. but samsung asks the same price for both versions, but The performance difference between them is Vastly different.
0 Likes