Original topic:

I want to upgrade but I can't - Thoughts on N10

(Topic created on: 09-09-2019 12:37 PM)
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note
I just can't do it. I really want to upgrade to an S10 or Note10 series device. Why can't I do it?

Money isn't the problem. I could hop in store and buy one right this instant. 

It just feels... I dunno, pointless?

I currently have my Note9 and I honestly can't complain about anything missing or needing to be improved. Big, uninterrupted QHD+ HDR display, stereo speakers, headphone jack, SD slot, USB-C 3.1, IP68, Bluetooth S-Pen, rear fingerprint scanner and front Iris scanner, heart rate and SpO² sensors, plenty of RAM, fast SD845, big 4000mAh battery, great camera... What else is there?

Unfortunately, not only the Note10/+ brings only very few improvements to the aformentionned features and characteristics, but it also downgrades on some of the aformentionned characteristics.

I think you get it now. Why spend 1400$ onalmost the same thing again? The only reason why I want to upgrade is for the upcoming beta for OneUI 2.0/Android Q. Not a wise reason to upgrade, don't you think?

Really, I'm happy with my Note9. It has everything I need and some more. If anything, it gives me confidence that the Note10/+ should give around the same level of satisfaction as the Note9 (or maybe less due to some of the compromises talen, but still satisfying). Unfortunately now I have to find a solution for the betas...
0 Likes
32 Comments
Galaxy Note
I love my note 10 plus but sometimes i miss my note 8's some hardware features it as follows :
1. HR Sensor
2. Dedicated Power Button on the right side of the phone.
3. Headphone Jack
4. Fingerprint Scanner
5. The LED NOTIFICATION LIGHT..

Hehehe... But there are good upgrades on software that my note 10 plus i love especially on Camera perspective..
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
The camera feels like an argument used to bait people and obscure the shortcomings of a device. I really doubt limited HDR video recording and a wide angle lens is worth spending 1400$. I could get that on my camera for 500 or less.
Vagabond
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
I've upgrade mine from Note5 to Note10 aftrrv4 years.The battery was done on my Note5 and also it's been no update for OS for two years and it was time for new one.If you really not in to wide angle camera or photo options I would say stick to your Note9 and wait for a products to really catch your eye
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Really there are not much WOW features for upgrade. But if use in daily basis, some minor software upgrade really make the life easier. Also, the wide angle camera, fantastic. Never able to take group picture in close distance. New search can seacrh my hand writing in SNote too. SPen feels thicker that Note9 and more easy to write. There are so many little improvements that hard to get Note9 users to upgrade. But I used Note9 before and I can feel the improvements that make daily work easier and faster. Oh...forgot to mention Dex on PC, 👍🏼👍🏼. I work with Dex and PC everyday now in my office. That Note9 still not able to do it yet. I guess later Note9 can do it. You should try this features.
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
DeX on PC surely will be backported, like how the Note9's dockless DeX was backported to the S9, N8 and S8.

Never took any group picture but surely in those situations you'd have a full camera (say in a trip?) which would have something wide enough (16-50mm being pretty standard nowadays).

It just feels like maybe it's somewhat better, but not "1400$ over again" better. Can you please elaborate on what you mean by "some minor software upgrade really make the life easier"?
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
like Samsung Note, this is a good upgrade for me. Maybe not for other users. Now, the Samsung Note can export to MS Word, Excel and PDF. Also when search my phone, my hand written Notes shows.
When connected with Dex, I just drag & drop the exported files into my computer. This little upgrade make my life more easier.
it was only able to export PDF only and of course, plugin USB also able to access data drive to copy & paste files. But now all in GUI and just drag & drop.
For the camera, yes, I do bring my DSLR when travel or some events. But I have some occassions that in rainy day and need a group picture in mountain top ( lazy to take DSLR during hiking or tenting). The wide angle camera will be my best friend. 😄 Note is lighter, but DSLR is heavier.
So, again, in my thought, Note 10+ has some good moves. But if you will not use these features, Note 9 still good. Buy it or not, is personal preference.

Edit: Also Calendar app in Note 10, it allows me to draw on Calendar.( It was only allow to draw when Calendar in landscape mode) Now draw, mark, circle date can do them in Calendar for potrait and landscape mode.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Hmm. These all sound like purely software-based features. They always backport them. I understand the convenience for users of those features but it's definitely not 1400$ convenient, especially since they'll backport it in app updates/OS updates
Alain47
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
You have a note 9 and can you tell me if it's work whit the Samsung DeX Pad and do you think it will be a good thing if i exchange my S9PLUS for a Note9 ? I wait for your reply. Thanks Alain
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Hi Alain44, Note9 works with Samsung DeX Pad and USB-C to HDMI cable.
If you like to use Pen for drawing, write Notes, take photo remotely, Note9 is the choice. But if you think you will just you keyboard for typing, no need to take memo notes and always press shutter button by yourself when selfie, S9 should do good for you. The differences between S and Note is the built-in SPen and a little improvement on hardware, but not a huge different to me.
0 Likes