Original topic:

Instagram Notifications Not Working

(Topic created on: 07-11-2020 09:34 AM)
Deevvv
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy Note
I have turned on and off edge lightning notifications for Instagram multiple times now and it doesn't seem to work. I get the regular notifications on the notifications panel but my phone doesn't display edge lightning while the screen is off.

This is only happening particularly for Instagram for some reason and not any other app.
7 Comments
keagan
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi ThePagalBoy,

I suggest you check whether the "show edge lighting" option is set to "always". (Open Settings >> Display >> Edge Screen >> Edge Lighting >> Show Edge lighting >> Select "always")

Note: If "always" is selected, then you will get a notification without being affected by the screen activity(on or off).

As you mentioned, you are facing issues with the particular app then please check with the below steps.
Open Settings >> Display >> Edge Screen >> Edge Lighting(Toggled on) >> Show Edge lighting >> choose application(select app and toggle on for which application you want edge lighting)

0 Likes
Deevvv
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
I only want to get the edge lighting when the screen is off and I did toggle off and on and have selected the application for which I want the notifications.
0 Likes
maxfootball18
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
strangely, this happened in another application of mine. i tuned off edge lightning, went into the app settings >> memory and wiped cache and storage. Then turned it back on and it worked until it broke again randomly. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, worked until it break again. Try this.
Deevvv
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
will do, thanks!
0 Likes
chiyaa
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

mine was working after i restored the settings but i changed it again.
So when i was trying to restore the settings, i accidentally backed it up. Lost how it was working :(:(:(:(

Don't know how to turn it back.

0 Likes
groomsb31
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

If you're troubleshooting this problem, the first thing you should do is check your notification settings. Ensure you've allowed notifications for Instagram and that you're logged in to the app. You can try restarting your phone or force-closing the Instagram app if you're still not receiving notifications

0 Likes
instazeropro2023
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

The first step in troubleshooting this issue is to examine your notification settings. Check that you've enabled Instagram alerts and that you're logged in to the app. If you're still not receiving alerts, try restarting the device or force-closing the Instagram  app.

0 Likes