Original topic:

Interesting "Notice" regarding the Note10 & the decision to Ditch the....

(Topic created on: 08-26-2019 11:22 AM)
Shaggyskunk1BLM
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note
... the Headphone Jack...

Something that Samsung chided Apple for doing... 

EDIT: Did Samsung bring back a Notification LED? 
Samsung removed the Heart Rate Sensor as well - Some people may say - Get a Galaxy watch & Sorry Samsung - But I prefer my TAG Heuer 🐧

11 Comments
Joce1
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
whatever they are saying, I prefer headphone jack To listen music
Galaxy Note

Well - They didn't remove the Headphone Jack to make room for the Notification LED - Something that Samsung said they were working on last March.....

O² measurement is removed as well from Samsung Health... When I asked Samsung about it - This was the response - Last time I checked - I'm in Canada 🙄

Screenshot_20190826_115819.jpg

Joce1
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
It's a mortal sin 🙊😂
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
This is do dumb. Remove a good feature. Give a geo-blocked replacement instead. Great thinking...
Galaxy Note

Well if Samsung's plan is to try and force people to buy additional Samsung products just because they remove functionality - They are sorely mistaken with me (at least) I've got two sets of Bluetooth earbuds & neither is Samsung & there's no way in hell that I'll trade my watch for a Galaxy watch - Especially for heart rate measurement...

But fear not Samsung - I've got almost a dozen of your other products - unrelated to phones... ✌️

Fatwa
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
@shaggy - have you tried the notification light apps that are out there?
0 Likes
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
No I'm good, I'm just wondering why you keep hammering the absense of an analog notification light when an app can do the job? Does it not work the same?
0 Likes
Galaxy Note

The issue is twofold - One - There was no good reason to remove it & Secondly - Samsung said back in March that they were going to use the Selfie Camera cutout for Notifications - Not only did Samsung do nothing - But they didn't do anything for the Note10 ..
Removing features & functionality & charge more on top of it - makes no sense & abdicating their responsibility to 3rd party Developers seems to be weak 🐧
carr0498
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
I lol'd a little bit ... double dongle...sounds explicit
0 Likes