Original topic:

LED notification light

(Topic created on: 05-28-2020 11:17 PM)
PilotWingel
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
I've been a big fan of the Note series ever since I had the Note 3. I upgraded my phones every 2 years since then, getting the Note 5, and then the Note 8.

I didn't upgrade last year because I was thrown off by the absence of the LED notification light. Like that's the biggest turn off for me. I don't really mind the headphone jack because I rarely use it on my phone.

But having the LED notification light and being able to look at your phone from across the room and know whether you have any notification is extremely useful. AOD doesn't give you that kind of convenience. And third party apps that make your screen glow around the punch hole cannot do the same for the entire night you leave your phone on your bedside.

Honestly, this whole bezel-less display trend is annoying and ruining my experience.
7 Comments
TommyOliver
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
well, i am sort of agree with you, i wasnt used to it at first.

to add another led light might damage the view of the full screen we are having now...

thats why i get a watch to check whether i have any notification... even my phone is far away...
0 Likes
PilotWingel
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
I have a Galaxy Watch but there are times when I don't want to bring any electronic device on me. And having some bezels on the top is actually okay for me if I can get LED notification light and iris scanner. Face scanner is not always reliable (wearing face mask is one example). And there are times when my fingers are not clean enough so having the iris scanner helps.
0 Likes
TommyOliver
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
well nothing is perfect... sometimes u have to sacrifice something to get something else...
PilotWingel
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
But I don't even want bezel-less display. And all of their devices now are using that design language.
0 Likes
TommyOliver
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
you have to live with it...

just like u prefer leaded petrol... but now all petrols in the market are unleaded... so u have to bear with it...
0 Likes
Sy3ney
Expert Level 2
Galaxy Note
Hope N20 bring back the features.
0 Likes
TommyOliver
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note

I might have found a solution for this issue, but i am not entirely sure yet, i am still testing on it, if it works fine, then may be i will recommend to you...

0 Likes