Original topic:

Little warning for tomorrow [EN/FR]

(Topic created on: 06-30-2020 07:02 PM)
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note
T-Mobile has unleashed OneUI 2.1 for the Note9 today. We're supposed to get the same update tomorrow (ETF3 still). Some users are reporting issues with the update, specifically that if a high resolution setting was used prior to the update, the resolution post update would be messed up and UI control would be harder. Some also expressed inability to use their PIN after the reboot to install the update. So, just to be safe, I strongly recommend Note9 users to reduce their screen resolution to HD+ before the update. You can restore it back to its full WQHD+ glory after the update.

How to reduce the resolution:

Settings/Display

And for everyone else, update list will be updated today, still checking for new info. Will post again later today accordingly.

AVIS IMPORTANT-
OneUI 2.1 pour Note9 Snapdragon a été publié aux USA aujourd'hui. Ce sera la même version que celle publiée demain au Canada. Certains utilisateurs ont signalé que si la MÀJ a été effectuée alors que la résolution du téléphone était au maximum, la résolution après la mise à jour sera incorrecte et il sera très difficile d'utiliser l'appareil. Certains évoquent même l'impossibilité d'entrer leur N.I.P pour le déverrouiller. Donc pour éviter tout problème, veuillez descendre la résolution au paramètre HD+ avant d'effectuer la MÀJ. 

Comment réduire la résolution de l'écran:

Paramètres/Affichage
11 Comments
Galaxy Note
Thanks for the warning 👍 Also, did S9 get the update too?
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Not yet. There were new builds being made, so it would be released around mid-July (-1 week, + 2 weeks tops)
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi CHMultimedia,

Thanks for sharing the information with us.

Merci d'avoir partagé les informations.

0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
No problem keagan
0 Likes
BDTech
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
I was going to report this too, thanks for the warning!

Let other people be the guinea pig 😂
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Works for me, it's not like the delay is of multiple weeks. A one-day heads up is perfect
BDTech
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
I didn't realize it was you cause your profile pic threw me off 😂
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Haha, lol. I can see why. It's nothing like my previous picture.

I'm keeping it for at least the next 3 weeks so get used to it lol. Website colours were changed accordingly
roydenc
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

So I didn't know about the resolution change. Now everything is super big and I can't log into my phone.

Since you were aware of this issue beforehand, do you know what others did to get around this?

0 Likes