Original topic:

Mobile hot spot please add to quick menu

(Topic created on: 05-09-2020 07:56 AM)
4leeber
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
It would be very helpful to add or make certain settings to the pulldown quick menu.  Specifically mobile hotspots.  But why not make any setting with turn on turn off feature available to add or delete from the pull down quick menu.  Seems logical to let me customize this menu with or without the items I use frequently or delete ones I never use!  
10 Comments
Kinsley
Options
Galaxy Note

Hey @4leeber,

Please get back to us with the model number and android version of the phone.

0 Likes
4leeber
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
Note 10. Pro android 10
0 Likes
Night_Owl
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
On my S9, I had to install the free QuickShortcutMaker app to add a Mobile Hotspot shortcut to my home screen.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
You can easily add the Mobile HotSpot Toggle with adb - Samsung finally added the Mobile Data Toggle - But inexplicably left out the HotSpot Toggle??

Instructions on how to Enable the Mobile Data & HotSpot Toggles - If you only need to Enable the HotSpot Toggle - Just don't include "MobileData" in the adb commands below.

You need to Download & Install Platform-Tools & Samsung USB Drivers to your computer - You need to Enable Developer Options on your phone & Enable USB Debugging on your phone (Settings - About Phone - Software Information - Click on the Build Number 7 times to Enable Developer Options)

You need to Open Windows Power Shell on your computer & Allow the connection between your computer & phone (if it's your computer - Click on "Always".

In Windows Power Shell - Type:

\adb shell

[enter]

Then type:

settings put secure sysui_qs_tiles "$(settings get secure sysui_qs_tiles), MobileData,HotSpot"

[enter]

and done - Edit the Button Layout & You can Drag the Mobile Data Toggle & HotSpot Toggles to the first Screen of the QS Tiles

Link to Platform-Tools:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BSyftTZ1HMQYqVxDDy_I1ETqI_Il6SkX/view?usp=drivesdk

Link to Samsung USB Drivers:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1j8I_MY15JQ6m1fmmVMJfGss2GJUiqKJ3/view?usp=drivesdk

🐧
Loei
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
current. Is that the same?
0 Likes
4leeber
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
Will try that. Bur honestly it should be included in the menu and the ability to add /delete any to the menu
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
@Loei Is what the same? - The Instructions are the same & and the links are the same since I posted this...
If that's your question?
0 Likes
Loei
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
I want to ask, how is this button implemented?
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
@Loei That's just an app from the Play Store - It's called Network Speed & it adds it's own QS Tile.
0 Likes