Original topic:

My Note8 experience while travel in Toronto

(Topic created on: 04-09-2018 03:12 PM)
Tallman
Options
Galaxy Note
Hello all,

Just want to share my Samsung device experience when I travel in Toronto last week. My Note8 provide me all I need when I am in my home city, Calgary. Screen off memo is the best and Bixby read me the email and text messages are great too while I am driving. Since I know the city pretty well, I rarely use some of the features from my Note8. Now I took my phone with me while travel to Toronto, I found that I need more from my phone when travelling to a place that I am not familiar with.

- Bixby, I rented a car and drove to downtown Eaten Center. I would like to visit Samsung Experience Store by myself. So, once I off the parking and walked inside the mall, I asked Bixby, where am I ? (Was trying to locate myself first). Errr...Hmmm...Bixby just circle and say she doesn't have such command. Alright, open the Bixby Vision AR and search for Samsung Store, it does shows the direction. But holding a phone upward and follow the direction looks wierd. I gave up on this and look for the mall directory instead.

**If Bixby can point out where am I located and able to direct me to a store, that will be great. (Maybe 1 day we have such a Bixby)

- I was in my friend's house and his house need some repairing on the floor. First off from my mind is HomeDepot!! Ok, Bixby, where is the closest HomeDepot around me? Uh Oh...Bixby search on Google and show me homedepot.ca URL. Now I know Bixby is not good at locations or maps command.

**So, I am looking forward to next generation of Bixby. Hopefully she gets more smarter in the future.

The good thing is when I was visiting Niagra Falls, I saw a lot of people holding their iDevice and try to do selfies. But holding the iDevice and press the button is kind of hard for some people. I did help couple of people or families taking a group photo for the Falls. Some people also offer me to take a photo as well, I kindly reject their offer and just say "Bixby Take a selfie". Count down in 5 sec and done. Those people was shocked and very amazed that I can do a selfie with the Falls easily (Changed my pic resolution to 18.5:9 captured wider shot). In general speaking, Camera is the best when travelling. I even turned on the GPS recording on my photos too. I can review where I was when checking picture details.

Live Focus is excellent features when taking pictures with girls ;) Using slowmo on Niagra Falls is cool as well. With different filters, all the food pictures are Yummy. :)

**P.S. The water proof is perfect, walking along the Niagra Falls and some water mists covers up my phone when taking photos. But nothing can stop my phone working in wet environment.

So, travelling within Canada or US should have no issue when using Note8. If Bixby get smarter and able to give direction to me, that will be excellent. I don't have a chance to travel other non-English countries yet. If Note8 camera can be upgraded like S9+ camera features, then this is Super. Need a lot of translation in other non-English countries. Taking picture and translate from the photo in Note8 is not efficent enough I guess.

I am looking forward on Bixby improvement. Hoping I can get Bixby to show me around when I am out of town. And when I am out of town, I hope Bixby is my companion and she can help me in everything I need, like show direction, tell me where am I locate now, tell me where is the closest Hotel, tell me route to another highway when 401 has car crash, nearby Japanese food or where is the travel viewpoint...etc.

By the way, Note8 still the BEST to me :)
0 Likes
7 Comments
Galaxy Note
@Tallman, I'm glad you're enjoying your Note 8, thanks for sharing and nice review.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
You are welcome. I just want to share some tips with others. Some features are really useful and some features may not work that great when you are really put it in action 😉
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
I dunno bro...I love my S9+ haha
and also in Calgary, besides you and me I think there may be one or two other members in Calgary and we should do a small cow town meetup!
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Hey SnowCat19, your S9+ of course is way more better. 😅
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
ahahaha well appreciate your honesty @Tallman because that is usually the hardest part 🤣
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Galaxy Note
Hey @Tallman, thanks a lot for sharing with us! We will work harder to improve your experience with our devices!

- Wonchul
0 Likes
Server
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Google Now miles ahead with instant directory anytime you enter a new place. just saying
0 Likes