Original topic:

Note 10+ . . . and I can't play with it (yet)

(Topic created on: 08-27-2019 05:58 PM)
Vic20
Active Level 10
Options
Galaxy Note
Teaser

I'm still waiting for the Whitestone Dome glass to come as well as the UAG Crimson Red Monarch case. It will stay boxed until I get them and will be passing my trusty Note 8 to my sister (which replaces the Note 2 I passed on to her). Looks like I'll be retiring the Note 2 after this. LOL

Unfortunately, I missed the promotion window for the Galaxy buds. 😞
19 Comments
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
Congrats on your new toy. I also commend you on your self control of keeping it boxed until you get your case and Whitestone... there's no way i would be able to do that. 😉
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
@Vic20

Hi and BRAVO for your new toy. I have a simple question : Why do you change your Samsung Glass Protector for a Whitestone Dome glass ?
I saw many videos that show how it's hard to scratch the Samsung protector and I don't understand why people install this Whitestone Dome glass...

Does it not invalidate your warranty with Samsung ?
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
@Shaggyskunk1
Gorilla 6 glass is plastic ?
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note

No. The screen protector that is installed on the Note 10+ is plastic.  Secondly, GG6 is prone to scratch more easily than previous iterations. It's geared more towards being shatter resistant than scratch. So to best protect the screen from both shattering and scratching, a full adhesive glass protector is the way to go. That is why the Whitestone (or DIY loca applied glass protector) is what most people will use.

It's proven to protect the screen from scratches or shattering from drops (with a case). I should have saved the two glass protectors (Whitestone and InvisShield) I replaced on my brother's Note 8. He abused that phone and if there was no case and protector used, the phone would be toast. Shattered and broken to pieces no doubt. Both protectors took the brunt of the abuse as well as the case. Both protectors were scratched, shattered at the edges and cracked. But once I carefully removed the protector, the phone is still looking like the day it was bought.

0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
And, is there any store who install this screen protector with a warranty for their installation ?
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note

I don't know about that as I've always installed it on my own (both a Whitestone and InvisShield).

Whitestone actually makes it easy by including a rig and easy to follow instructions. They also provide video instructions on their site to review and understand the installation process. I know it looks intimidating with all that equipment and materials. But it's not overly difficult. Just don't rush it and have patience when doing it.

0 Likes
Galaxy Note
whitestone has limited lifetime warranty.. you just need to request it, together with your receipt and you have to pay for shipping... i think thats around $15.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
i am also waiting here to ship my dome glass, i just ordered the replacement kit coz i have thw UV light already from my note 8 pack..
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
@Gokongming
When you read the customer's review, this comptant have the baddest support and don't respect any warranty...3.5/5 is a bad score for me
0 Likes