Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Note 10+ not recognizing devices via OTG

(Topic created on: 02-17-2020 06:04 AM)
Pcriz
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note

I used to use my thumb drive weekly on my phone to move files for work and recently it stopped being recognized at all in Files on the device. Also devices like my wireless keyboard and mouse are also not functioning. 

Ia  onthe latest update for US Unlocked (not if that caused the issue, may roll back to check). My device has been factory reset since the issue has appeared.

TheOTG adapter is the same one I have always been using, the one that shipped with the device. 

The device seems to charge well via the port and data passes fine.

Edit: Why is the members app constantly telling me something went wrong.  Come on Samsung really.  Also editing messages on here is a nightmare, which is explains all the typos above.  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
KevinTaylor
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi Pcriz,

I suggest you to try connecting the thumb drive with other device and check if it is working. In case, if it is not working then it seems to be an issue with thumb drive.

As far as wireless keyboard and mouse are concerned, after an update the device settings (Bluetooth and WiFi) get reset to default. Please clear cache of Bluetooth and check network reset settings for WiFi.

Cheers,

KevinTaylor

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Comments
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Are you able to check with another device with USB-c? Or try another OTG adapter? I'm thinking the OTG adapter may have fried.
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Does the OTG adapter work when inserted in other devices with USB-C?
Solution
KevinTaylor
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi Pcriz,

I suggest you to try connecting the thumb drive with other device and check if it is working. In case, if it is not working then it seems to be an issue with thumb drive.

As far as wireless keyboard and mouse are concerned, after an update the device settings (Bluetooth and WiFi) get reset to default. Please clear cache of Bluetooth and check network reset settings for WiFi.

Cheers,

KevinTaylor

0 Likes