Original topic:

Note 10+ s-pen battery issues

(Topic created on: 05-28-2020 01:32 PM)
BloodWolfe
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy Note
Ever since the OneUI 2.1 update when I take out my s-pen I have a notification to connect it to my phone. I'll put it back, let it go through the connecting/pairing that it does then go to check the battery level of the s-pen and it shows 10% so why is my battery on the s-pen not staying charged while in the phone?

I don't use it constantly so it shouldn't have a dead battery every **bleep** time I use it which forces the phone and s-pen to have to reconnect with each other. It's extremely annoying! Never had this issue prior to the 2.1 update recently.

I even did a fresh reset of my phone after the 2.1 update and it didn't help. Anyone else having this issue? I have a second s-pen I bought to try and same thing with that so I don't know what Samsung did but it's driving me nuts when I actually use my s-pen to constantly have to reconnect the pen to my phone. 
0 Likes
9 Comments
Galaxy Note
Extremely doubtful that it has anything to do with the One UI V2.1 update - Most likely just a coincidence.
Check to see if there's an Interactive Diagnostic on the Samsung Members app for the Spen & check the results.
BloodWolfe
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Ya seemed weird to me too it started at that point but ya maybe a coincidence. I forgot about looking in the app for spen diagnostic. I'll check and report back if I find anything.
keagan
Options
Galaxy Note

Thanks Shaggyskunk1.

Hi BloodWolfe, Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the suggestion provided by Shaggyskunk and get back to us with feedback on the issue.

0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
I have no issues with the S Pen on my Note 10+. However, it did at times have trouble pairing. But that was easily remedied with a simple reboot. Is the pen fully inserted into the phone?
0 Likes
BloodWolfe
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Yep and I even double and triple checked that it was fully inserted and have tried several reboots as I tried with 2 different spen's (bought a spare directly from Samsung.

I tried resetting the spen as well to repair that way and still happens.
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Did you try to reset your S-Pen ?

if Yes, try to Wipe Cache Partition
https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/Others/Wipe-cache-partition-for-all-devices-EN-FR/td-p/3156063

Also, it could be a problem with the Tips of your S-Pen if you use it often...
0 Likes
BloodWolfe
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Ya I tried resetting the spen(s) and wiping the cache partition. As for the tips, I don't use it often but maybe I'll try taking it out and re-seating the tip into the spen.
0 Likes
jgohil
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
@bloodwolfe I am facing same issue as you. this might be a software issue
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Did you try to reboot in safe mode and check if it's not a third-party app that is making this bug...?
@Vic20 and I haven't any problems at all with the S-Pen
@Tallman what happened with your's ?
0 Likes