Just opened the new one. 
Anybody find solution pls share. 
Thanks. 
0 Likes
10 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Unfortunately, the Infinitely Useful Headphone Jack has been removed from the Note10 series. Why? Absolutely no reason.

You can use an adapter but it would only motivate the brand to continue this nonsense (as adapters cost 50$, it's clear that there's some cheap upselling tactics going on). I suggest you return your Note10+ and get a Note9 or S10.
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
man I'm glad you are not the design chief at Samsung... we'd still be using palm pilots with cassette players glued to the back...

the jack is redundant... it occupies precious real estate that can better be used for increased battery space, or camera space, or whatever else isnt redundant...

have you walked the aisle at bestbuy lately? there's barely anything wired at all never mind wired 3.5MM.

demote to Note9... almost laughable... you may as well demote to Morse code and carrier pigeons... tried and true methods..
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Uh what? I'm not against tech. I love new tech. But please don't ridicule yourself by saying that I'm old fashioned and that the jack is redundant. You could say I am if I was pushing for resistive TN 65k touchscreens but not for asking for a perfectly good port. And no it doesn't occupy "precious real estate", it's really small and doesn't prevent battery size increases. Go check a disassembled phone first man. Unless you think 100mAh is worth it, although it will be wasted 3x+ due to the usage of battery-hungry lossy Bluetooth audio.

I don't care what's in store. I bought recent, premium WH-1000XM3 headphones from a real store (not a chain store that cares only about cash and trendy products, not about giving customers a real experience with real experts and real products) and they're wired and wireless. And wired is objectively better. Don't follow trends just for the sake of following them and be rational.

If you'd be design chief, phones would only look pretty but you wouldn't even be able to place a single call since you forget such basic and essential features for the sake of change or whatever.
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
What exactly is the issue? Muffled sound? No sound in one bud? What type is it (wired, wireless)? It would be great if you provided more details to the issue so we know what to help troubleshoot.
Mohinderpal
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
it's wired headphones comes with note 10+. there is no sound in any bud
but the headphones are working on s8
0 Likes
CynicalJerk84
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
could be a software issue. I have the note 10 plus. I as well use the AKG headphones that came with them.

no sound issues at all, I find they are great. The setting for them are rather extensive for comtomisation.

sorry your having this issue I understand this comment can't help any. I would just contact Samsung to have the phone checked. i know it difficult at times to deal with them for replacement.

just keep in mind in all actuality if you take it to your carrier for repair and can deal with a loaner phone for a few weeks.

even if they need to replace the device. You shouldn't loose much with smart switch getting your device right where you left it.

just be sure to back it up. and to remove your sd card prior. some carriers neglect to inform the consumer that if an ad card is inserted and the device and is sent out for repair. your personal data can be compromised or wiped due some of there polices.
0 Likes
CynicalJerk84
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
However I'm on the CHMltimedia side on this new created1 market. Samsung was one of the 1st to take a poke at Apple for removal of the headphone Jack. Now they follow. suit because they want a piece of the market pie. which is the sale for Apple earbuds alone they make that much money that they're practically a separate entity from Apple and the revenue generates enough to be its own for..tune 500 company. Samsung why sit there and say blanket statements like we didn't have Room for the 3.5 mm audio Jack What a Copout. With all the Samsung tech and innovation you're saying you can't find a way to have a bigger battery fit the spen and work around the headphone Jack Oh please do explain. It's any wonder that there is every other company making knockoff earbuds. that's sort of all resemble Apple's creation and design with slight variances Gee I wonder why that is. Don't even get me started on the EMF fields that earbuds create even at low level exposure. Pumping it into your cranium just seems like madness to me I'm going to sit this Tech one out thanks. to each there own but I'd prefer the wire over the unstable tec battery issue or update nonsense. I get the quilty side for audio is way up there I.e. beats studio .omg yes. but I'm not that take my money type dispite my absolute love for music.
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
I wasn't happy when they removed the 3.5mm jack either. I have wired headphones and got a BT Amp to continue using them.
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Is there perchance any error message in notification (like device not recognized) when the buds are plugged in? I'm assuming you updated Note 10+ To Android 10. Just to rule or any software issue, have you attempted to wipe cache partition through recovery? And if that didn't work, do a backup and do a factory reset. WARNING: this will wipe everything off the phone and start fresh.

If that still didn't work, it could be something wrong the the hardware port. In which case contact support.
0 Likes