Original topic:

Note 7 Exchange in Canada

(Topic created on: 10-12-2016 09:01 AM)
Jonathan34
Expert Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
Hey, so we all plan on exchanging or refunding our note 7s:( My service provider is rogers and my plan (and hopefully many others plan) is to get Rogers to agree to giving note 7 users 1 year agreements for new phones rather than 2 years due to this recall. That way we can all upgrade to other phones ( less satisfactory to note 7 because it's king) in the hopes that next year when the hopeful note 8 is released that we can upgrade to those without having to pay the upgrade fee. Im going to try calling today to see if i can and ill try to update this post with details but if anyone else manages go do this, let us all know how ya managed It!
8 Comments
whyt151
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
yea. Good luck wth that. lol
0 Likes
vape
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Let me know I'm with Rogers so I wouldn't mind the input
0 Likes
ZombieLady
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
I'm with Sasktel. But that would be nice to get the 8 when it comes out since we have to get a old phone now.
0 Likes
Jonathan34
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
I called rogers and talked to retention and all they could say was that theyd leave a note so id have a better time fighting it when i do plan to upgrade because they can't put a credit down for a purchase that doesnt exist
0 Likes
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Galaxy Note
its all common sense ...or so you would think. I have been with some sort of Samsung product for about 10 yes now. I have the S7 edge and I am very happy with it. All your points are valid.. in my opinion it breaks down to 2 points...
1) What will the carrier do to help people out which bought the phone and went on a new contract you would think that seeing as the phone is no longer available in any way shape or format then in my eyes this voids the contract as the phone you sign up for with just isn't there...
2) Samsung should do something to keep there loyal customers happy and there fore keep them with a Samsung product which after all is there bottom line.
This maybe or maybe not will get sorted but I think only after a long time has passed and with customers both with the carrier and with Samsung complain and standing up for their right... such a shame it will take that to happen.
On another note I always pay cash for my phone and my contract goes back yesterday and is just carried over with each new device I buy so I get a could deal contract wise and for me it's cheaper to pay for the phone as it comes out rather than get a discounted phone with a higher monthly contract charges....
Good luck to all
0 Likes
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
Def agree with you point 2... which is.. Samsung should so something to keep their loyal customers
0 Likes
Jonathan34
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
Hey anyone know if we have to return the headphones, charging cable and etc?
0 Likes
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
no keep that...