Original topic:

Note 8 End Of Life Support

(Topic created on: 03-14-2019 11:45 PM)
BillieBob
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note
When is the Note 8 End Of Life Support? Most hardware providers are open about these policies. Giggle does not give any firm answers. 
0 Likes
5 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Should be 4 years after launch as per the new update policy.
0 Likes
Kimberr
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Please tell me what you mean by end of life support? I have yet to hear this term when it comes to cell phones! 🇨🇦
0 Likes
BillieBob
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
@Kimberr google 'apple 5s end of life support' as an example.... first result should answer your question.

@CHMultimedia please link the update policy you're referring to. A friend also with a Note 8 found a reference to only another year, even though i ran my Note 3 four years until i got this.

I want to see it in writing from a reputable source, specifically Samsung.
Thanx to all took the time to respond!
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
The Galaxy A5 2016 has begun its 4th year of support, with quarterly updates. The S6 had quarterly updates in certain markets.

Samsung doesn't write a definitive answer on the matter. We do have the Updates Scope list that shows which devices are eligible for monthly and quarterly updates. The Note8 is on the Monthly list. The S7, S8, S9, N9, A5 2017 and A8 2018 too, with a bunch of others as well. The A5 2016 was on the Monthly list, but got recently on the Quarterly list after 3 years on the market. So that's that
0 Likes
Samesung
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Batteries last 3 years with pretty decent usage. No point spending a lot of money writing code, and testing it to support a large die off market segment.
0 Likes