Original topic:

Note 8 Screen Flicker

(Topic created on: 05-10-2019 09:07 AM)
GingerTurtle
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
Hello folks. When I unlocked my Galaxy Note 8 this morning when I woke up almost the entire screen started flickering a greenish white color like crazy aside from a small section at the top. I rebooted the phone and also shut it off for a couple of minutes but the problem persisted. You can still use the screen but can barely see through the flickering. I googled it and found someone who had a similar issue say that turning the screen brightness to the max solved it, which it has with mine, however the flickering caused very bad screen burn in the couple minutes it took to google the issue. With the brightness at max it only flickers for a second when the AOD kicks in when I take it out of my pocket or for a split second when I lock the phone. There has never been any physical damage to the phone and this started completely randomly. 

Has anyone else experienced this issue and found a remedy? I've had this phone since release day and I'm planning on getting the Note 10 when it comes out in a couple months but I'd love to still keep the Note 8 until then if I can. 
0 Likes
2 Comments
Galaxy Note
It SOUNDS like it's impact damage - I know you said that there's never been any physical damage - But that's not what it sounds like...
0 Likes
GingerTurtle
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Yea it's absolutely blowing my mind cause that's exactly what it sounds like, and the only time I've ever seen something like it was a few years ago on a friend's tablet that was dropped. I'm absolutely crazy about taking care of my phone and haven't had so much as a scratch on the screen and never a single drop.
0 Likes