Original topic:

Note9 May Patch is Live

(Topic created on: 05-26-2019 09:08 PM)
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note

That's a BIG 500MB update. What's in it? I'm betting new charging sounds and animations. And maybe Call and Message Continuity? If only they had descriptive changelogs!

Currently downloading. Curious how the update us downloading over WiFi while you can't check for updates on WiFi (for some people).

EDIT: Disappointment. Nothing apparently new. 
EDIT2: Ah, the camera app was updated. It looks like picture quality and sharpness was improved. It LOOKS so.

They added Wide Angle selfies. 

And it seems they changed something to the Video section. No, it's not a Pro Mode option.

EDIT3: Scheduled Night Mode!

You now get to pick Scheduled Night modes. Either let your phone enable Night Mode when it's actually the night, or set yourself a schedule.
9 Comments
Galaxy Note
Thanks, just updated.
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
hopefully the S9's will get it also very shortly 👍
Galaxy Note
Still no information regarding the S9 series... anywhere - Fido updated their OS Update Schedule on May 24th (Rogers which owns Fido hasn't in over 2 weeks!) Telus updated theirs also on the 24th & no mention of the S9 series (other than the OTA which never materialized on the 20th) So the S9 series is still on the April 1st Security Patch.... 🙄
Only good news is for the S10 series which both Telus & Fido are showing the May OTA (SMR - Other Updates... whatever THAT means) for tomorrow the 28th
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Don't hold your breath. Telus messed up. The May 20th patch was the May 7th disaster. They made a mistake. See how the May 7th patch is "only" for the S9+? What about May 20th only for the S9?
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
likely with in the next 2 weeks.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
I think is not added wide angle selfie. I think they removed wide angle selfie. I used wide angle selfie before which allow me to capture more background and now, I can only have 2 options, zoom and unzoom.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

I never made a single selfie with this phone so you may be right

0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Found it, it has to re-enable again after update. 😄😉
0 Likes
SuNsTeR
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
anyone notice any problems with lock screen notification transparency after the update. Some of my notifications now come it different shades from before and are unreadable.
0 Likes