Original topic:

Note9 popping sound

(Topic created on: 02-24-2019 12:20 PM)
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note
I have this exact same issue: https://community.samsungmembers.com/fr_CA?projectId=0&meta=#/post?postId=524293

Went to the Repair Center and they said it was normal because I apply too much pressure, which is false.
This happens almost all the time, with very little pressure, such as when swiping/scrolling.

They didn't take a look inside. The other thread said it was a manufacturing problem. It's too late for me to exchange it since it's been more than 2 weeks since I bought the device.

Is there anyone I can contact at Samsung to get this issue fixed?

PS:I noticed the issue since I bought the device, but I assumed it was normal. Now that I know it's a manufacturing problem, I should still be able to get the device replaced, right?
14 Comments
Galaxy Note
Maybe copy the post where Sabrina confirmed that it's a manufacturing defect & then educate the lazy T
tech who couldn't be bothered.. Just a thought 🐧
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Tried. Doesn't bother to listen. Pisses me off. So annoyed. Can't use pronouns. Unprecedented. Words. More words.
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Probably, but I'm not holding my breath on a Sunday that isn't sunny. We'll see on Monday, unless there's some sort of holiday, which would be understandable.

I can wait, that's not a life-threatening problem.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
On the forums? Nah I find it adequate here. In person and via live-chat... Oh that's horrible. Call about a hardware issue, the person will ask you to FACTORY RESET!!!!!!!!!
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Nah Live Chat is a wreck.
0 Likes
Nicklnq
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
didn't get it. was it caused by software or like the screen was cracked?
0 Likes
Nicklnq
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
like the screen starts peeling off from the body?
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
I can assure you the device has absolutely no physical damage. And it happened on Oreo and Pie. So that's a NO on software bug. Only options meft is me being delirious or the Note9 having a manufacturing problem. Despite what the Service Center staff thinks, I can assure you my mental condition is in no way synonymous with delirium
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
It COULD be the adhesive or the assembly. However I really wish to keep my warranty and my water-tight build so I won't investigate myself
0 Likes