Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Note9 screen mode.

(Topic created on: 06-20-2020 07:31 AM)
Zeoswj
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy Note
I was wondering if anyone could answer my question regarding the screen mode? Aside from the obvious of clarity,  do any of the different modes offer a faster screen refresh rate and are some better than others on battery consumption? 

Which mode are you using?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
The Note9 doesn't have a high refresh rate display. Using any if these modes will not give you this or better battery backup. They will however give you different colours, tailored for the context as stated by their name. Adaptative has the most vivid colours and widest colour gamut and tries to adapt to the on-screen content (but that result is not stellar). Basic mode is the most accurate mode which gives true-life colours. It does look a bit flat. It's made for sRGB. AMOLED Photo is for AdobeRGB and AMOLED Cinema is for DCI-P3

View solution in context

3 Comments
Solution
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
The Note9 doesn't have a high refresh rate display. Using any if these modes will not give you this or better battery backup. They will however give you different colours, tailored for the context as stated by their name. Adaptative has the most vivid colours and widest colour gamut and tries to adapt to the on-screen content (but that result is not stellar). Basic mode is the most accurate mode which gives true-life colours. It does look a bit flat. It's made for sRGB. AMOLED Photo is for AdobeRGB and AMOLED Cinema is for DCI-P3
Zeoswj
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
thanks.

Kinsley
Options
Galaxy Note

Thank you @CHMultimedia, for providing the information and details about the different screen modes.

@Zeoswj, I hope you got the answer to your question.

Thank @Zeoswj, for accepting the @CHMultimedia, response as a solution.