Original topic:

One UI - Canadian Consequences

(Topic created on: 12-19-2018 10:44 AM)
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Options
Galaxy Note
Apologies in advance, as I know there is a lot of OneUi repetition in posts.  I did search OneUI post history and couldn't find similar subjects.

I'm usually patient enough to wait for mature upgrade versions, but there are many upgrades with the UI that are tempting me to go through the inconvenience of upgrading.

I pretty much use every Samsung feature on Note9 and wondering what, if anything, I'll need to give up to take an early advance to OneUi/Pie.

1.  Samsung Pay - Are we good here?  Canadian banks recognize the beta etc?

Answer: Samsung pay is fully functional for daily transactions

2.  Samsung notes - Stable?  Notes made with Pie will still update to Samsung notes Oreo? (Tablet)

Answer: Unknown as yet

3.  Other Apps in general - Have most apps that you use day to day been updated for pie?  Banking apps etc

Answer: Generally, most common apps updated for Pie.

4.  Samsung DeX- are the apps written with DeX support in mind (like Microsoft, and samsung) stable and good?

Answer: Unknown as yet

5.  Future updates - When Bell actually pushes the real update, will I need to keep manually loading? Or do this one time, and then after its automatic?

Answer:  Will need to manually update official version, after which, automatic updates will continue.

6.  Samsung watch (S3) - Any connectivity/operational issues? 

Answer:  Gear watches stable 

7.  Any other sacrifices that I'm not thinking of?

Thanks in advance

4 Comments
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Galaxy Note
I can speak for
1. Samsung pay works fine and I use it daily
3. all my apps work (I think I have around 47 ish installed) remember Pie is offical for other devices so most apps are already updated to work with pie
5. for future updates you will have to manually update your phone to a Canadian providers build (say Bell) and then after you do that you will get regular updates
6. I have a gear 3 frontier and it works good on pie

overall I'm happy with it and have updated to the leaked versions when they keep coming out
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
thanks, I'll update above as we go along
0 Likes
Tsuport
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
one new canada consequences

prout
0 Likes
TWiiTCH
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
As for Samsung pay, I tried to add my Visa debit card which is seen as a credit card, but I get the reply that the bank/card is not supported. I am with TD bank and its listed as being supported, so maybe it has to be a genuine "credit" card. Just a warning for those with this bank card & Samsung pay living here in Canada 🍁
0 Likes