Original topic:

Possible Malware

(Topic created on: 06-30-2020 09:14 AM)
Ladyquinn10
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note

I've had some serious issues with my phone. My calls are being listened to, texts and files being removed, calls being redirected. I was having the same issue with my router I'm dealing with that as. As for the phone, under developer options I checked whats running in the background and its a bunch of things I've never noticed before. I have reset my phone but am still having the issue and also noticed that all of a sudden there is work profile I never created. A lot of them say "remote" on them. Google Play Services has 17 services running which are all weird. Anyone else have this issue?  Below are some of the things Im seeing. I know some are legit. 

Google Play has these running: 

-CollectionService

-DispatchingService

- ExposureMatchingService

-DeviceConnectionWatcherSevice

- GcmService

- PendingIntenCallbackService

- FitRecordingBroker

- ContextManagerService

- NearbyDirectService

- CableAuthenticatorService

- EmergencyPersistentService

- ClearcutDebugDumpService

- EastworldService

MobileWips

-MobileWipsService

Bluetooth

- BluetoothAudioCastService

- A2dpService

- GattService

- BluetoothPbapService

- HearingAidService

- SapService

- HidDeviceService

Processes=

Main Process- com.android.blutooth

Service McfService in use - samsung Muliconnectivity (com.samsung.android.mcfserver)

Those are just some...It gets worse when WIFI is connected. I just did the update and nothing changed. 

Should I be concerned?

Ladyquinn10
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
0 Likes
dellerbroek
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Ladyquinn10 -   This appears to be related to this documented malware https://www.joesandbox.com/analysis/122930/0/html

0 Likes
Ladyquinn10
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
So how do I get rid of it? Cuz it happend to my other phone as well.
0 Likes
Ladyquinn10
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
I don't see anything suspicious in any of the screen shots.

If you Factory Reset from Recovery - Change your passwords - Enable 2-Step Verification like Google Authenticator - You should be good.
Kinsley
Options
Galaxy Note

@Ladyquinn10, Follow the suggestion provided by @Shaggyskunk1BLM, and as mentioned by @CHMultimedia, ("You're just showing screenshots of system components. Nothing wrong there. Android is an object-oriented system, like Windows. It's not just one big block, it's a collection of hundreds of smaller blocks working together to turn on your phone. It's like Windows for that matter. If you head to C:/Windows, you won't find Windows.exe, you'll instead find hundreds of files, with thousands more lurking within the many folders that appear there.")

But, how do you know that your device is showing up in two locations?

0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Agree with Shaggyskunk1. You're just showing screenshots of system components. Nothing wrong there. Android is an object-oriented system, like Windows. It's not just one big block, it's a collection of hundreds of smaller blocks working together to turn on your phone. It's like Windows for that matter. If you head to C:/Windows, you won't find Windows.exe, you'll instead find hundreds of files, with thousands more lurking within the many folders that appear there.

Your device is automatically registered to your Samsung account once you login from it. And what do you mean by "my device is showing up in two locations"? That's extremely vague.
Kinsley
Options
Galaxy Note

Hey @Ladyquinn10,

Have you received an alert from google regarding security or suspected login?

Also, check the devices logged in from your Samsung Account. 

You can boot your device in Safe Mode and check if you see any suspected activity. Safe Mode only loads system apps and disables third-party applications. Follow the below steps to Boot your device into safe mode.

1. First, Turning off the phone, Then turn it on.

2. Once the Samsung logo appears, press and hold the volume down button.

3. When the home screen appears, the Safe Mode is displayed in the lower-left corner of the screen.

To deactivate Safe Mode, Simply reboot the device.

Get back to us with the result.

shanypooh
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

I know you're conversation took place long before now, however I feel it's VERY IMPORTANT THAT THIS KIND OF INFORMATION BE KNOWN so the major technology companies and the authorities understand how imparative it is that changes need to be made for the safety of individuals targeted by the mentally deranged.

I have been dealing with being cyberstalked in turn allows being physically tracked and terrorized, since Nov of 2017. 

I have learned a lot and continue to learn more about how stalkers are doing this. 

What adds to the terrorism is how much instructional information is available to these new kind of sexual Predators, BUT LITTLE TO NOTHING TO protect, BLOCK, REMOVE, OR FIND HE PROOF NEEDED TO TAKE TO THE AUTHORITIES TO GET PROTECTION. 

IT'S UNFATHOMABLE TO ME THAT OUT OF THE PEOPLE EMPLOYED BY THE FEW COMPANIES THAT DICTATE The TECHNOLOGY AND THE WWW, THAT NOT ONE HAS FIGURED OUT THIS HUGE FLAW IN THE SYSTEM(S).

HERE IT IS...

The "open source license" that every app, program, & OS has, it a garage door left wide open for predators of every gamit to take advantage of.

The stalker can piggyback on the system apps, injecting their code commands that is therefore not recognized as anything other than the system apps...  

THE KICKER..... it all gets reloaded when a factory reset is done. 

It all gets reloaded if you get a new phone, or Sim card, when you sign into your Google account and or Facebook account.  

GOOGLE, APPLE, & ALL THE DEVICE MANUFACTURERS need to revamp this colossal error and provide a solution for innocent good people to be protected from predators. 

Than you,

Sincerely, 

shannan1949@gmail.com