Sy3ney
Expert Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note

8 Comments
Sy3ney
Expert Level 2
Galaxy Note
Watch 3 price difference RM100 only in term of size and battery capacity. 😅 Samsung really make us opt for bigger size.
dennooze
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
the note 20 ultra is very expensive many people complaining and in Asia we are getting inferior mobile chipset Exynos 990 not Snapdragon 865+ pay so much for so low value not worth it
0 Likes
Edster89
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
Yeap that's the thing. With the increase of price I think there's other options available and with covid going around I think thinking for ur wallet first is a good idea
0 Likes
EddieCS
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Yup. Samsung never learn from the S20 mistake. I really regret buying S20+ thinking its an upgrade over my S10+. Fluidity at the expense of hot temperature and weak battery life. What a ripoff for that RM3999 price tag knowing by next year, it will have trade in price at RM1679 or lower. Just like the S10+ trade in price during S20+ launch.

Such pricing and performance had me considering other brand models like Pocophone F2, OnePlus 8 Pro and ROG Phone 3. Those were either cheaper or similarly priced. Yet offer greater performance with that processor. Also the heat issue shouldnt be that noticable compared to those equipped with Exynos 990. Really dissappointed with their statement that they have studied every market and considered this processor is the best fit for us. They must think we are blinded by their brand or something.

To those who would argue their S20+ isn't suffering my heat complains and mediocre battery life, either I am too much of a heavy phone user for that phone or it just isn't enough to satisfy my usage pattern. My friend who's a light user, uses an ROG Phone 2 and had showed me his 3 days battery life on a single charge. I could only imagine what that life is like. 39% battery left from 3 days usage, recorded 7 hours Screen On Time with 1 hour total of YouTube consumption. and based on android battery prediction, there is another 1day and 17 hours left of battery life. From a "single battery charge" lol
0 Likes
dennooze
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
by right you should file in complaints as the product is deemed defective they have to resolve this issue and seeked compensation and make them pay for their mistakes and this is paid as premium flagship phones not cheap PocoPhones
0 Likes
EddieCS
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
I don't think they could do anything about it besides throttling that Exynos chip or purposely handicapping it. Neither would they entertain complaints. At most they would just replace with another unit which is the same one all over again. They don't or wouldn't admit their processor is defective and they will never compensate as we are their lab rats and testing ground. Only difference is that we are paying them voluntarily.

Even their older 9810 and 9820 already seen to be weaker than Snapdragon 855/855+ last year. Its just that consumers (me included) didn't really complain about it until this successor came out. It is where the gap of performance and standby battery is significantly higher.

There is also the inconsistencies of their products. I had 3 friends with same exynos model Galaxy S10+ experiencing heating issues just by idle (locked screen), and all the customer support did was formatting their devices and see if the issue persists. My friends got lazy with complaining and just changed to other brands (iPhone, Huawei and OnePlus).

But here is the issue, my own Exynos S10+ that was from Pre-Order, doesn't have those issues at all and it gave me a very pleasant experience using it. Battery life was comfortably past 3/4 of the day with 4~5hours SOT. The temperature is far lower than my friends same device when under same condition with the same settings, resolution and whatever else there is to even the odds. With a good impression on the brand, I've bought the smaller S10 for my father. Same Exynos model. But just from using this for few hours of Fb scrolling or some slotmania, it heated up significantly and is quite hot to touch even with a case. Allowed the auto optimise to work its magic for a few days later but in the end, it still heat up under all the same condition. Been that way since last May until now, received newer updates fixes nothing. From this, I would assume all samsung flagships manufactured after pre-order units, suffers from materials skimping. And I hope it isn't true but it is possible.

Most users of S10/S10+ can relate to this heat issue but I could not as it wasn't present on one of mine. That is until I've upgraded to this S20+. This processor isn't cooled effectively, that's all I can conclude. And it sours my next purchase decision from samsung if it persists with materials skimping, poor cooling solution and weak efficiency.

To say Snapdragon models is superior is an understatement. It is by far more efficient and offers the better experience from the two. Malaysia just somehow falls on the short end of the straw where this weaker counterpart is officially powering the devices in our market. They always say during their keynotes, they read and use our comments to empower and drive their next project. Well we got their results. So decide yourself if you could trust their claim. I for once couldn't trust their claim anymore. I am not boycotting their products/brand just yet. Wanna see how this Pioneer and Industry Leader make the next device. More sour or sweet for us. And this time, have to wait for reviews of the weakling and superior device before jumping the gun and buy their next device.
EddieCS
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
This is my friend's ROG Phone 2 screenshot of his battery life. And I could only wonder if ever Samsung S or Note able to achieve such endurance.
dennooze
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
ridiculous and samsung pretty much gg this time, their sales will be overtaken by Huawei just a matter of time.
0 Likes