Original topic:

Recall?

(Topic created on: 09-02-2016 11:33 AM)
grouch3k
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
Are the rumors true about a possible recall due to an exploding battery?
0 Likes
5 Comments
Jiwon23
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Yes. It is true. they will recall every Note 7 globally.
0 Likes
Emad
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
What's the process like? And I did buy the phone stright from Samsung Canada
Jiwon23
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
I also preordered and got Note 7 from Samsung Canada. I sent them email about this but they didn't answer yet.
Dj2
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
I also bought it from a local Samsung store. Does anybody know when the real procedure suppose to begin? (the whole bring your note 7 in & we'll give you a new one)
0 Likes
sakohunter
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
Just a cut a cut and paste

Samsung is committed to producing the highest quality products and we take every incident report from our valued customers very seriously. In response to recently reported cases of the new Galaxy Note7, we conducted a thorough investigation and found a battery cell issue.

While there have been only a small number of reported incidents, Samsung is taking great care to provide customers with the support they need. Samsung has identified the affected inventory and stopped sales and shipments of those devices.

For customers who already have Galaxy Note7 devices, we will voluntarily replace their current device with a new one starting as early as next week through a replacement program.

We acknowledge the inconvenience this may cause in the market but this is to ensure that Samsung continues to deliver the highest quality products to our customers. We are working closely with our partners to ensure the replacement experience is as convenient and efficient as possible. We will share additional information on the Canadian Replacement program in the coming days. In the meantime, Canadian Customers may call 1-800-SAMSUNG for additional information.