Original topic:

Restarts after dropping in water

(Topic created on: 03-12-2020 08:15 AM)
johngcan
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
My phone's been restarting a few times since it fell into water last night. Maybe it's hardware related, but I don't know what else it could be as it is functioning properly when it's on. Any ideas?
0 Likes
15 Comments
Jeremie
Options
Galaxy Note

@johngcan,

Sorry to hear that your phone has been dropped into the water. I suggest you to visit any nearest Samsung authorized service centers so that the technician will examine the phone to determine the root cause of the issue.

Montreal1
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note

Aren't they supposed to be «waterproof»?

0 Likes
Galaxy Note
I think depends on which model. Not all models are waterproof.
0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
I don't think any are water "proof" I think they are water "resistant"
Id do what @Echo1 said, turn it off and throw it in a bag of rice ✌️👍
0 Likes
vape
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
@mytech I take my phones swimming with me.. I like music under water haha. I kid it's really for my boom box that floats that's not a joke.

The drop could of cracked something or damaged something inside.
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
@vape I could use one of these, a community floaty speaker that's durable bc them kids always be rough housing and even the 6 year olds have phones that constantly play music and YouTube 🙄🤪👍
I'm still waiting on my remote sensors from ebay (thanks again 👍)
What speaker do you have?
0 Likes
vape
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
@mytech kids are lovely, aren't they?

this one https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01BHX75ZG/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_pKPAEbART604D you can also get it at crappy tire. It's not a crazy loud speaker but it does the job out of the boat or just floating around on the dinghy.

Anytime man is I see or use anything else that might be handy I'll let you know.

mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
@vape kids are great!
Little rays of sunshine ☀ 😊
I think they would really love this thanks 🤙👍
Please do share anything handy!
I been using wardencam app on old devices, also alfred app seems ok, suggestions/input, you, anyone?
0 Likes
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Galaxy Note
Before going to the nearest Samsung Service Center which might not be all that near...
I would place your phone in a bag of rice over night to completely dry it out and then try and serif that helps..if not then I think a trip to the Samsung Service Center might be on the cards