Original topic:

Rolling back to default o.s.

(Topic created on: 04-12-2019 09:58 AM)
Rafiq
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
Is there a way to get back to the default os without resetting to factory settings.
Updated system no good to me.
Thanks
0 Likes
8 Comments
awesomeness
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Unfortunately, it's not possible to go back to an old OS from a new one. But I must say, I wish it could be possible. I think you MIGHT be able to if you were to root your phone, or something along those lines. But I'm not very skilled in that sense. @shaggyskunk1 is though.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
If you want to rolling back to Android 8, you need to download the appropriate BL, AP, CP, and CSC

But for more information about it

Contact an Expert members like @Shaggyskunk1 @CHMultimedia @Echo1
0 Likes
dmflash
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
contact a phone repair shop, it will probably cost a few bucks but likely be worth the cost compared to bricking your phone and getting a decent firmware back.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
There is no need to pay anyone to do that. Rolling back to Oreo is very simple and very much risk-free.

Let's start with the beginning. What device are you using?
dmflash
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
I'm using a note 8
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
The "default o.s." is One UI for the Samsung devices which have been updated to One UI...
If you are talking about wanting to go back to Oreo - Then you have to download the Samsung Firmware - for Oreo for your Device & Carrier & Samsung USB Drivers - as well as Odin 3.13.1 to your computer.
You then need to Install Odin & the Samsung USB Drivers & Extract the Samsung Oreo Firmware - Boot into Download Mode and Flash the Samsung Oreo Firmware with Odin 3.13.1.... There's obviously some fine points that you need to know & how to Flash 🐧
Neverendy
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
I dont care what software or what memory or any of that. I just want to escape the hackers that use my phone. This has been going on for a year now. So in other words if I go to f. reset my phone won't work
0 Likes
Neverendy
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
btw. this is the only device I own
0 Likes