MikeReg
Active Level 1
Hi,
I bought an international unlocked Galaxy note 8 from Samsung store in Thailand. I live in Canada It was working fine but everytime i had to restart it i was getting a message that in-order to be more compatible with my Carrier services i need to do a factory reset. Do i did a factory reset. After the factory rest I noticed that i don't have Samsung pay i couldn't even find the app on Galaxy app store or Google Play. So I downloaded Android pay. But when i run the app it gives me a message that i have rooted my phone! Samsung pay was working properly before, it doesn't work now. All i did was a factory reset. I did another reset but it still didn't work. During the second reset i noticed i was not getting any messages in Thai as i was getting the during the first factory reseI downloaded root checker and it tells me my phone is not rooted. i noticed that on play store settings my note 8 says that my device is NOT Verified? Does anyone know what's wrong with my phone
Thanks,
Mike
2a540bfe-d78e-49d1-893c-573e0bae6d19.jpg
cc30a2f5-2777-4e05-9496-59b415d8fac1.jpg
8ad01a7e-5894-4503-89fd-220a9a50e081.jpg
47 Comments
Jmak
Active Level 10
Download app called phone info. And post screen shot of general and andoird tab. Than I can help you further.
MikeReg
Active Level 1
thank you very muchcc5f3d2e-733a-4280-8061-376fb35224c9.jpg
69e61579-d24f-46e7-9446-8b1c1c3b7c70.jpg
MikeReg
Active Level 1
i also found out my firmware is for Chile...is that why i get redirected to spanish language when i open certain appz like Samsung Members?
Jmak
Active Level 10
Alright brother you are safe.
Download smart switch and reinitialize your device. You said you factory reset your device so I see reinitialization is only option.
When done reinitializing setup as new device. Let me. Know if you want more help.
MikeReg
Active Level 1
i have smart switch on my phone... do I connect it to my macbook and run the smart switch on my computer? will it get rid of the Spanish language too?
thanks a lot
MikeReg
Active Level 1
how do i reinitialize my phone? 😓
Jmak
Active Level 10
Smart for Mac is available it's like iTunes for Samsung. Did you buy your phone from Canada?
Language can he changed anytime.
MikeReg
Active Level 1
i bought it from Thailand... do i click on the restore or i should go to emergency software recovery?1399ae21-5bc0-46bb-8c7d-f71365b2a2c4.jpg
Jmak
Active Level 10
There should be option for reinitialization not emergency recovery.