Original topic:

Samsung/Android pay problem

(Topic created on: 11-04-2017 11:44 AM)
MikeReg
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi,
I bought an international unlocked Galaxy note 8 from Samsung store in Thailand. I live in Canada It was working fine but everytime i had to restart it i was getting a message that in-order to be more compatible with my Carrier services i need to do a factory reset. Do i did a factory reset. After the factory rest I noticed that i don't have Samsung pay i couldn't even find the app on Galaxy app store or Google Play. So I downloaded Android pay. But when i run the app it gives me a message that i have rooted my phone! Samsung pay was working properly before, it doesn't work now. All i did was a factory reset. I did another reset but it still didn't work. During the second reset i noticed i was not getting any messages in Thai as i was getting the during the first factory reseI downloaded root checker and it tells me my phone is not rooted. i noticed that on play store settings my note 8 says that my device is NOT Verified? Does anyone know what's wrong with my phone
Thanks,
Mike
2a540bfe-d78e-49d1-893c-573e0bae6d19.jpg
cc30a2f5-2777-4e05-9496-59b415d8fac1.jpg
8ad01a7e-5894-4503-89fd-220a9a50e081.jpg
Jmak
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Try it if you get co fused or stuck let me know I'll post a walkthrough.
0 Likes
MikeReg
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
so o have 3 options, backup, restore and sync. or I can do the emergency software recovery which i need a recovery code for it. would you please give step by step procedure?
0 Likes
Jmak
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Let me get home before I can help
0 Likes
MikeReg
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
ok
0 Likes
Jmak
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Can you get me screen shot of your hardware tab. I try and see if I can help you switch your phone to Canadian (your carrier version of firmware)
0 Likes
MikeReg
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
here you goacc7ccd0-b47b-434a-ac5b-c03094ce21b4.jpg
0 Likes
MikeReg
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
also, apparently I can not initialize the phone through smart switch on the computerf7d4a639-c976-412e-b67a-66fba2d9dbf4.jpg
0 Likes
MikeReg
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
I'm on Rogers Canada
0 Likes
Jmak
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
By any chance you have access to pc?
0 Likes
Jmak
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
They have removed reinitialization option from both so try reset from recovery mode
0 Likes