Original topic:

Samsung Care+ Or Telus Insurance?

(Topic created on: 08-26-2020 10:33 AM)
acheney1990
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy Note
I was going to get the Telus insurance where I pay $9 a month for my new Note 20 Ultra but now looking into it Samsung Care+ for $250 up front would be a better buy and better protection. I want it to cover it mostly if I break the screen. Thoughts on which is best?
0 Likes
10 Comments
Halston
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi acheney1990,

Your Samsung phone is protected by the manufacturer's warranty in the first year after purchase and this plan extends the mechanical malfunction or defect coverage for an additional year. Ther are no limits for service requests due to mechanical malfunction or defects, provided they are not protected by the manufacturer's warranty. From the time of plan purchase and for the full term of the Plan, your device is covered for physical or liquid damage. If device failure is due to physical or liquid damage, this Plan provides for a maximum of two service requests during the term of the Plan.

Here are Samsung Care+ Covers:
· 24 months of coverage
· Premium Protection from Physical or Liquid Damage
· Up to two service requests* for Physical or Liquid damage
· Extended Coverage for Mechanical Malfunctions or Defects
· There are no limits for service requests* due to mechanical malfunction or defects, provided they are not protected by the manufacturer's warranty.
· Same day service available at 100+ authorized service centers nationwide

*A Service fee applies to all service requests

Here is the Samsung Care+ link: https://www.samsung.com/ca/offer/samsung-care-plus/

acheney1990
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Thank you. Could you tell me how much the service fee is for the Note 20 Ultra? Also any same day service centres in New Brunswick?
0 Likes
Halston
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi  acheney1990,

If you have any issues with the phone as per the Samsung Care+, Call Us at 1-877-699-1356, 24 hours / 7 days per week (including holidays) to initiate a service request. You may be eligible for same-day repair at one of our specified service locations. You may be required to provide the original Confirmation Letter for the device or any other information We may reasonably request.

0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Hi @acheney1990

I suggest you to call your Home Insurance and see with them how much it will cost you for the same Insurance warranty

I pay about $30/year with no deductible for problems due to all physical damaged if i drop my phone or  liquid damage...but i don't have  mechanical defects included except if those defaults are due to a drop...

0 Likes
proudpizza
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
me too i do want to go with teleus for a Samsung device fido is the garbage company ever since I got the phone i want to see what teleus has to offer for all Samsung Galaxy devices fans
proudpizza
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
its cost $269 for the s10 and I do want the s20
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Compare their policies and deductibles.
blitzteh
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
The deductible for Telus protection plan is way higher, it can go up to $400.
Montypython
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
I had the $9 from Koodo, still was charged a shipping fee for my replacement phone (charge port wasn't working properly) and they sent me a refurbished one even though I still had tab balance owing, so check what they will send you if you go with the Telus plan and need to replace your phone
0 Likes