Original topic:

Samsung Email app delay on Note 10+

(Topic created on: 09-16-2019 08:14 AM)
Cprice
Options
Galaxy Note

So I've noticed since having my Note 10+ that when using Samsung Email, my emails are delayed, I sent myself a test email at 9am and received it on my phone at 10:05am.

I did check the email sync settings, it's set to "Auto (when received)"

I have deleted the gmail account and re-added it, emails come in fine for the first hour or two but then they are delayed again.

I have added the email to the Gmail app and the email arrive normally.

Anybody else having this issue?

8 Comments
Galaxy Note
No for me. I have 2 ExchangeActive Sync accounts. I don't see the delays. But I am not using Gmail account, I cannot say 100% no problem.
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

I am using Microsoft Outlook on my Note 10+ for many reasons. First, it always search faster then Samsung Email. Second, i can see my agenda right there like on my Pc, no need to open 2 separate applications and it works well with Exchange or Gmail accounts. Third, it's the first email application tbat advertise me i have received email.

0 Likes
Galaxy Note
I did give Outlook a try and it did work well, but after further troubleshooting, the issue could be only when I'm connected to WiFi. I'll be sending myself some test email at random times today while connected only with mobile data and see how that goes.
0 Likes
BloodWolfe
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
It's not just on the Note 10, I had this issue on my Note 8 as well so haven't touched the Samsung email app in years. I just stick with Gmail even though it intermittently has this issue too but it's not constant and consistent as the Samsung email app was.

IMO, just stop using Samsung email app and find something else better.
0 Likes
apparitor
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note

Could this be something to do with the optimization for battery? Like if your phone is on medium power setting it limits background stuff to save power. I was having delayed messages or no incoming messages at all through whatsapp / facebook messanger. 

I had adaptive power saving on so I picked the apps I didn't want to optimized and turn that off for the apps so when my phone randomly/predictive/learning and flips on my medium power saving I'll have notification for those apps I piriotized. 

0 Likes
Galaxy Note
I check the optimization and I've excluded Samsung email from it.
0 Likes
NIKOTINE
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
I've been using SPARK for a while now. I find it much better
0 Likes
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Galaxy Note
0 Likes