Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy Note8 battery

(Topic created on: 05-03-2020 01:55 PM)
YourGranddaddy
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi all,
I checked my phone using the Samsung Members app interactive checks options because my phone's battery was draining faster than before and is taking more time to charge, even on fast charging. Now I see this. Do I need to replace my phone's battery? What will happen if I continue using it like this? Will it explode? Am I carrying a ticking time b*mb? I want to continue using it for atleast another 2 years till an upgrade to that year's latest Note/Fold flagship. Is it possible?

Please let me know and thanks.

Edit: I did a wipe cache partition and stuff. Don't wanna try factory reset as a last resort...

0 Likes
16 Comments
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
Yup!
years of dust can make it act stoopid too 🤣
nice 1 🤙👍
Galaxy Note
@Sanarjan @mytech
How do I clean it? Do I just turn it off and then use a small pointy object with a cloth? I honestly don't know how lol. Thanks for the advice.🤔😁
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Question :

How can you find normal than a battery life is only 3 years ? I have many Samsung tablet fron 2014 to now and battery seem as good as the beginning, why should it be different for a phone battery ? Is this because we don't put the phone OFF all night ?

0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
DO NOT OPEN THAT LINK or you will be flooded with ads and might even get pop-up ads on your phone all the time. I repeat, DO NOT OPEN THAT LINK. This person is only trying to make money from S Members with stolen content. Don't reward this shameful behavior.
Galaxy Note
I know lol. he's making such a sad attempt at scamming people.
keagan
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi makeanimationssmooth,

As the link involves ads, I suggest you please don't refer the link and it would be great if you can give steps directly which is time-saving as well.

0 Likes
ninifantastic
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
do you charge your phone over night, charge when it's 0 and leave till it's a hundred, or keep it in the charge 24/7? if so, that may be the root cause. it leaves battery life shorter and it affects the lifespan of the phone. my dad does this a lot even tho I tell him not to after I got my phone a few months ago. consider keeping the battery 40%-80%, maybe keeping it 80% before going to bed and don't charge it. keep it out of the charger during the day unless it's under 40%. one hour before going to bed charge it to 80%,like I mentioned before. hope this helps.
0 Likes