Original topic:

Samsung Members App Region

(Topic created on: 10-18-2019 05:28 PM)
Options
Galaxy Note
Hey guys, i know this has been asked few times already, but i can't find it in the forum anymore.

I just send my Note 8 to Philippines, i wanna know if i can set my region on my Samsung members app Philippines? 

It's not my account, its my brother's...

Thanks for the replies.. 
0 Likes
8 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
You'd have to flash the Phillipines CSC. This belongs to the N950F Exynos Note8. It was not tested yet to flash cross-hardware CSC. You can try if you are ready. Normally the CSC should be hardware-agnostic as it contains mostly carrier configuration and other localization options. But I repeat it was not tested
Galaxy Note
oh.. thanks CH. i have bad experience with flashing firmware lol. ill just leave it. hehe. Thanks so much.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note

Hey @gokongming,

I believe country is tied to your Samsung Account—I can ask the Samsung Account team to change the region so that the Members app will show Philippines as the country 😊

However, the account will lose all its purchase history. If you're okay with this, please privately message me the Samsung Account email you'd like to change the country of and I can start the process!

Cheers,

Sabrina

0 Likes
Galaxy Note
@sabrina, thanks, but ill just leave it as is, i don't want my account be affected. i gave my note 8 which was bought here, to my brother in the Philippines.. He made an account using the app but he became a member here just today. i guess he'll not enjoy the Samsung Members Philippines community there.. if there is a good way, that my Samsung Members account won't be affected let me know.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note

Hey @gokongming, 

That's unfortunate... does he have a separate Samsung Account from yours? If so, we can look into his account and see if anything can be done about the region. It shouldn't affect your account that way 😊

Cheers,

Sabrina

0 Likes
Galaxy Note
yup i think he has. but the phone's IMEI is registered to mine, i hope it won't block the phone.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
ill message you the account email as soon as i got his permission. thank you so much @sabrina for this.
0 Likes
Labskho
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
thanks for this informative post and comments
0 Likes