Original topic:

Samsung email app not syncing

(Topic created on: 03-23-2018 05:38 PM)
vitruvius
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
Is anyone else experiencing this with the Samsung stock email app on their Note 8?  Seems to be a lot of complaints out there.

Is there a solution that works?  Spoke to Samsung's crack tech support last night, they wanted to delete my email app data.  Tried instead to clear the cache, which worked temporarily, now back to emails not being received for several minutes despite sync set to "auto-when received".  The number on the app icon that indicates the number of received, unread emails also does not update, until you go into your inbox, and even then only if the email has arrived to your inbox. 

As I posted on Google Playstore reviews, WAKE UP SAMSUNG and fix this app.  It worked fine on my Note 4, not so much on my Note 8.

(on top of which got "server error - try again later" message several times trying to post this from my desktop!  Went on my phone and finally was able to post.  Is Samsung normally this dysfunctional?!!!)

0 Likes
5 Comments
Jonathan34
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
I would try removing your email accounts and then re-adding them
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
That is the first thing to try, also may I ask how you are configuring your email?
Is it through POP/IMAP or Microsoft Exchange?

Personally I prefer Exchange as it syncs really nicely!
0 Likes
vitruvius
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
My work email is Exchange still was not working.
Discovered turning on this data setting seems to have solved it:
"Allow app while data saver on"

How come Samsung's crack tech support did not know to try this?c5ec800b-4153-4851-909e-34fc73f9c1db.jpg
0 Likes
vitruvius
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
select Settings/Apps/(your email app of choice) to find these settings
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Galaxy Note
Hey @vitruvius, to help us troubleshoot, could you please submit a device error log when this happens again? From the Samsung Members application, tap the “Feedback” icon. Tap the Pen icon and then submit an “Error report”. Thanks!

- Wonchul
0 Likes