Original topic:

Samsung finally ditching the headphone jack and.....

(Topic created on: 05-30-2019 10:42 PM)
SnowCat19
Options
Galaxy Note
Just saw this. Of course these are still rumors but I think this could be true.

Samsung is planning to ditch the headphone jack AND volume buttons on the Note 10....I don't know how I feel about that.

Read more here;

https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/30/18646010/samsung-galaxy-note-10-rumors-no-headphone-jack-physical...
10 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
If this is true, the Note9 will be my last Note.

That's a disaster. Wireless audio isn't remotely comparable to wired audio (both in latency and quality) and I don't want to juggle with dongles. The Note series was about the ultimate power user device + art. That's the complete opposite here.
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Galaxy Note
get the buds they work well, at least for me
0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
I hate wireless earbuds for 3 reasons:
1- its bad enough I get whatever radiation or whatever from the phone now
2- they never in sync with charge of the phone, so I look at phone and think oh yeah %80 but then the earbuds die? 🤷‍♂️
3- they do not sound as good 😣
0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
Oh wait! 4 reasons! If they don't work I can't conveniently 🏃‍♂️ and cheaply 🙄 buy new ones wtf 🤷‍♂️ to tie me over until I get new earphone shoelaces 🎧
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
I don't want the Buds. If they "give" some in the box, I'll never use them.

I want reliable audio that sounds good and I don't want to worry about another battery.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note

Samsung ditching the headphone jack - Ditchling the Notification LED - But in the otherwise awesome display - Samsung put a hole in the screen - Samsung - Was it worth the 87.5% - Samsung seems to be trying to hide the holes.... Look at the Marketing images.
Give your head a shake..
0 Likes
BDTech
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
I like the cutout 😂 though it's stupid on the S10+.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
@Yoshisaur9 - Selfie cameras belong UNDER the display.. I'd have preferred to keep the Finger Print scanner on the back & Samsung could have spent the time & money hiding the front facing camera underneath the screen... my 2 cents 🐧

EDIT: Make that 10¢
0 Likes
Bing
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
The reason I don't mind headphones being ditched because u can use USB to listen and other times u can just go wireless. However this works best for iPhone, their earbuds are superior to most other manufacturers. Also makes it easy for sharing chargers etc since many have it. Hence Samsung should stick to 3.5mm and not copy apple
0 Likes