Original topic:

Samsung has abandoned Note 8

(Topic created on: 07-04-2020 09:11 AM)
btrthnvr
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy Note
Only 3 years old and Samsung no longer nor give a **bleep** about Note 8. I feel like the phone's getting slower by day and not sure if this is intentionally so customers will buy newer phone. Such an Apple move lol

PS: device maintenance, etc won't help at all
7 Comments
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Hi, I know I will not give you the answer you want but if your device is getting slower, you need to make 2 things :
Optimize it :
https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/Others/How-to-optimize-your-Samsung-s-device/m-p/5545671#M24532

Make a Wipe Cache Partition:

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/Others/Wipe-cache-partition-for-all-devices-EN-FR/m-p/3156063

And i understand you when you say " Only 2 years real update"

mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
As far as updates go, I'll let someone else explain all that bologney 🤦

If your device is slowing down, back it up to a computer with smartswitch and factory reset it!
The note 8 works well unless you have an unknown hardware problem 🤙✌️
keagan
Options
Galaxy Note

I appreciate your help Cassidy and mytech.

Hi bett3r,

It's not always the age of the device that can cause Samsung phone to slow down - it's actually most likely that phone will start to lag with a lack of storage space. If your phone or tablet is full of photos, videos, and apps; the device doesn't have a lot of "thinking" room to get things done. If you let your device get to over 90% of its' capacity, you're likely to see a reduction of speed in the normal day-to-day use of your phone.
You can also check if any third party applications are causing the lag by booting into safe mode.
If nothing works, then please try the suggestions given by Cassidy. I hope this will definitely help.

0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
I think something to add to this would likely be the fact that applications and services them selves are caching a lot of data which could potentially be also causing the Slowdown perhaps. 🤷🏻♂️
dmflash
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
don't believe these comments , I purchased a brand new note 8 a year after release. original firmware out of the box I got around 10 hrs sot. after about a week I decided to update from Nougat to Oreo and immediately lost about 2 hrs sot so this older device argument is nonsense. Fast forward to today I'm getting slow down ,freezes and 5 hrs sot .
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Well I do agree with the 5 hrs sot part. I was getting better battery life with nougat, now it's like 4-5 hrs since I updated to pie. When I updated to oreo, I was getting 5-6 hrs with factory reset, wipe cache stuff etc. With nougat, it was at least 7-8 hrs lol when I got it with preorder. As for performance, I optimize everything, wipe cache, use App Booster from Galaxy Labs and restart, everything once a week and it works fine. I barely get any lags except when I'm doing heavy stuff and have a lot of background apps open. Even so, it's not that noticeable.
0 Likes